Wisconsin and Under Armour

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is worth watching, is UW next ? With budget issues already would be a big blow to any schools bottom line

Under Armour has informed UCLA that it is attempting to terminate its record $280-million apparel deal with the school. In an email to UCLA constituents, athletic director Dan Guerrero wrote "We are exploring all of our options to resist Under Armour's actions."

The 15-year deal signed in 2016 includes $150M in cash, $112.85M in product, $15M in marketing, and $2M in rebranding for UCLA Athletics and Under Armour...::some talk Cal has also been approached by UA to terminate deal

Last edited:
That's a lot of cash. Big time college football has a huge price tag on it. It isn't like the old days when your jerseys were repaired between games so you could wear them several times.

I remember my HS jersey. I carried the ball an average of 20 to 25 times, and played middle linebacker as well, so there were more sewn sections on it than you could count. In fact, our Mom's had to repair them. My Mom spent hours repairing it. I don't think I went a game in my junior and senior years where my jersey wasn't ripped one way or another. By the time I played my last game, it hung crooked on a hanger because of all the repairs.

UW deal was 10 years $96 million with $4 million cash per year and about $3 million in product per year not sure were the other $26 million or so goes to. But compared to the UCLA deal it's nothing

Also you have to question what has UCLA done to earn that money sports teams have not been on fire lately so maybe UA saying we are not getting our money worth in this deal. Badgers are on cheaper deal and giving UA more brand awarness for their money

Also you have to question what has UCLA done to earn that money sports teams have not been on fire lately so maybe UA saying we are not getting our money worth in this deal. Badgers are on cheaper deal and giving UA more brand awarness for their money
UCLA is in LA with a larger alumni / fan base. UA is bleeding cash, that’s the main reason behind this.

Another point on UA issues

UA stock was priced at around $44 the month prior to Under Armour signing with UCLA in May 2016.

Today, the stock is trading at $9.

I think the Oregon Ducks changed their uniforms for every game for several years. A few years back, Taggert changed that. Might have saved them from ending up in t-shirts if they were with UA.

I think the Oregon Ducks changed their uniforms for every game for several years. A few years back, Taggert changed that. Might have saved them from ending up in t-shirts if they were with UA.
Oregon has always been a Nike school

UA is also ending it’s 10-year, $86-million sponsorship of Cal.

“Under Armour has recently made the difficult decision to discontinue our partnership with UCLA, as we have been paying for marketing benefits that we have not received for an extended time period,” the company said in a statement supplied to The Times. “The agreement allows us to terminate in such an event and we are exercising that right.”

Back