Why Firing Mike McCarthy Was Necessary for the Packers

It's a slow Packers news time, waiting on interviews, so I thought I would add that to this thread. I don't think it surprises anyone as most knew there was some dysfunction. What I found interesting was the locker room comment, the comment about MMs offense being the worst for TEs, and how AR still has plenty of skills left as Lewis talks about his no look passes and how he can flick that ball, accurately, from any angle
Yes and no..... the big point is he keeps trying to play outside of the structure. That's a big issue

Aaron is like a border collie. You have to give it the kind of work it needs to do, otherwise it'll just chew up the furniture. If you like to boss your dog around, that's not the type of dog for you. If your ultimate goal is to herd sheep and you're willing to work on the dog's level, there's nothing better.

Aaron is like a border collie. You have to give it the kind of work it needs to do, otherwise it'll just chew up the furniture. If you like to boss your dog around, that's not the type of dog for you. If your ultimate goal is to herd sheep and you're willing to work on the dog's level, there's nothing better.
Actually a border collie needs a strict structure which would work in. He needs to know exactly what is expected of him and how his boss/owner wants him to respond in every situation. And that's what he sticks to. A border collie never goes Street ball with his work . ;)

I don't disagree with you, my point is that type of structure matters. I don't think Aaron's loss of trust in MM, which happened over time, is an indication that he will refuse to participate in or fail to have success in another structure.

I don't disagree with you, my point is that type of structure matters. I don't think Aaron's loss of trust in MM, which happened over time, is an indication that he will refuse to participate in or fail to have success in another structure.
I know I'm just being difficult :) it's a fair point. I do wonder what happens if Arod isn't all in for the new offense either. What if he doesn't like that one?

Just like us, even if self employed work for someone and must do what they want or lose work/job

Rodgers is no exception to do regardless of how much $ he makes.

Remember Jeff George? Had all the talent but a bonehead hard to work with.

Rodgers isn't 26, he's 36, been banged up and surgeries, so his window is closing fast. No one knows how long or short his future is playing.

Team is hiring for long term not for short.

Just like us, even if self employed work for someone and must do what they want or lose work/job

Rodgers is no exception to do regardless of how much $ he makes.

Remember Jeff George? Had all the talent but a bonehead hard to work with.

Rodgers isn't 26, he's 36, been banged up and surgeries, so his window is closing fast. No one knows how long or short his future is playing.

Team is hiring for long term not for short.
Oh man Jeff George ... Forgot about that guy... Ya he was a piece if work ..

FYI Lewis comments regarding MM offense and TE were crap. If you look at the NFL schematically the TE and FB are rather non essential now. I don't think you can blame "MM offense" for something that most teams no longer use. Only fair

FYI Lewis comments regarding MM offense and TE were crap. If you look at the NFL schematically the TE and FB are rather non essential now. I don't think you can blame "MM offense" for something that most teams no longer use. Only fair

Except weren't we hearing for years, "if we only had a tight end?"

Back