Who will be the Next GB Head Coach ?

I think all of this Philbin talk from Murphy was just "coach speak", what's he going to do say flat out he has no chance? PR move. If he runs the table maybe
Oh, I agree. That's why I ask the question. ;)

This is Murphy after all. He started a nationwide search to find Gutey if that tells you anything.. here are my more realistic picks. None of the new and shiny young up and comer. That's not the Gb way.

Philbin - Means your 35 yo QB doesn't have to learn a new system. Minimal upheaval and said Qb already knows him.

Norv Turner - Standard retread pick. Nothing flashy, but he's still respected in NFL circles.

Pat Fitzgerald - Why? because some guy named mark Murphy hired him at Northwestern....

GB will not hire an young up and comer or young coordinator.. (I can hear R now calling out my MM will be back next year :) They won't hire someone who wants a lot of money OR a lot of control... Hence the above list....

This is Murphy after all. He started a nationwide search to find Gutey if that tells you anything.. here are my more realistic picks. None of the new and shiny young up and comer. That's not the Gb way.

Philbin - Means your 35 yo QB doesn't have to learn a new system. Minimal upheaval and said Qb already knows him.

Norv Turner - Standard retread pick. Nothing flashy, but he's still respected in NFL circles.

Pat Fitzgerald - Why? because some guy named mark Murphy hired him at Northwestern....

GB will not hire an young up and comer or young coordinator.. (I can hear R now calling out my MM will be back next year :) They won't hire someone who wants a lot of money OR a lot of control... Hence the above list....
Actually I can see Fitz mentioned him this week. Makes sense on many levels and there was NFL interest in the past

Yeah I thought Pat Fitzgerald was pretty sought after but has said he’s only leave NW for the Bears HC job. Wonder if Murphy can get him to consider.

am i the only one who thinks that gute was always meant to be an interim gm until we got rid of both tt and mccarthy and were able to bring in a guy worthy of being both head coach and gm?

am i the only one who thinks that gute was always meant to be an interim gm until we got rid of both tt and mccarthy and were able to bring in a guy worthy of being both head coach and gm?
Only problem with that is there aren't any worthy of being both. But I agree Gutey may be just an interim.

I cannot see this organization go in that direction after Sherman

Yeah I thought Pat Fitzgerald was pretty sought after but has said he’s only leave NW for the Bears HC job. Wonder if Murphy can get him to consider.
I grew up in Central Illinois. Why on earth would that be the only place you’d want to be??? Makes me think he’s unstable! nuts((;)

Back