Upgrading the Packers

Hill is a fit in the saints offense only. You don't see any other teams using 3rd string QBs of they have one on the roster. Also I think also shows you hill is not thought of enough that the Saints dont use him full time at any one spot hes still a gimmick player used on a hand full of snaps and his key to staying on the roster is he's a special team ace.

Hill is a fit in the saints offense only. You don't see any other teams using 3rd string QBs of they have one on the roster. Also I think also shows you hill is not thought of enough that the Saints dont use him full time at any one spot hes still a gimmick player used on a hand full of snaps and his key to staying on the roster is he's a special team ace.

Payton loves Hill. Talks about getting him more involved.

But the main point is correct. Hill fits because of what he can do for Payton's scheme.

Though another point is who cares if he's not full time? Saints found a way to use him, and they like him. Good for him. MM was not that creative of a thinker. So Hill did not work in GB.

Besides even as a gimmick player Hill has more TDs than any GB Packer WR on the year so far not named Williams. His stats are better than Kumerows who people like here.

It's all about fit and scheme. Could ML use Hill in his offense? I'm actually wondering about that. As ML is more creative than MM was.

Patriots turned Edelman into a WR utility guy as well. He was drafted as a QB originally. It can be done. Just not in GB.

Last edited:
Payton loves Hill. Talks about getting him more involved.

But the main point is correct. Hill fits because of what he can do for Payton's scheme.

Though another point is who cares if he's not full time? Saints found a way to use him, and they like him. Good for him. MM was not that creative of a thinker. So Hill did not work in GB.

Besides even as a gimmick player Hill has more TDs than any GB Packer WR on the year so far not named Williams. His stats are better than Kumerows who people like here.

It's all about fit and scheme. Could ML use Hill in his offense? I'm actually wondering about that. As ML is more creative than MM was.

Patriots turned Edelman into a WR utility guy as well. He was drafted as a QB originally. It can be done. Just not in GB.
Let’s not compare Edelman to Hill. Is like comparing Giannis to Ethan Happ.
Hill is a 3rd string QB who plays special teams and occasional gimmick play on offense. It’s not as much about Payton’s scheme vs McCarthy vs ML it’s the luxury of carrying a guy like that on your roster. In the offense me “might” be a #4 WR. If he was not on a roster in GB nobody even gives this a second thought.

Let’s not compare Edelman to Hill. Is like comparing Giannis to Ethan Happ.
Hill is a 3rd string QB who plays special teams and occasional gimmick play on offense. It’s not as much about Payton’s scheme vs McCarthy vs ML it’s the luxury of carrying a guy like that on your roster. In the offense me “might” be a #4 WR. If he was not on a roster in GB nobody even gives this a second thought.

I think you're the one taking leaps on this one. I don't believe anyone is comparing Hill to anyone else in particular. All that's been said is that he is athletic enough that he can do several things that could help a team.

As far as your back hand comment akin to saying I'm a whiner because Hill is no longer in GB, nothing could be further from the truth. I was just pointing out that he was a guy who was in GB, and "may have had" more to offer than we've seen since then. It's conjecture.

Regardless of what you may think, everyone does have their opinion, and like you, they are sometimes right, sometimes wrong. You aren't the resident expert.

I think you're the one taking leaps on this one. I don't believe anyone is comparing Hill to anyone else in particular. All that's been said is that he is athletic enough that he can do several things that could help a team.

As far as your back hand comment akin to saying I'm a whiner because Hill is no longer in GB, nothing could be further from the truth. I was just pointing out that he was a guy who was in GB, and "may have had" more to offer than we've seen since then. It's conjecture.

Regardless of what you may think, everyone does have their opinion, and like you, they are sometimes right, sometimes wrong. You aren't the resident expert.
First of all nothing was directed at you. I was just pointing out that the players who leave and have some success at other places become the popular guy we missed on. As to comparison CD brought up Edleman who was a QB in college and changed to WR.
Never said I was the damn expert I gave my opinion I hope your rant at me makes you feel better

This may offer some guidance on what kinda contract Martinez may seek = A big one.

And no, Thompson isn't a good coverage LB. Has one INT, 12 PDs and 9.5 sacks over his five seasons. Martinez has two INTs, 15PDs, 9 sacks over four seasons.

I know this has been discussed, but Martinez is #2 in the league in tackles this season. Not saying he's the best ILB in the league, but I don't think he's the handicap that some people are alluding to.

He's a 4-3 ILB playing in the wrong system, you can quote stats all day long. He's awful in coverage and often gets numbers cleaning up. I have seen him whiff more solo attempts then make. I can cut him loose...move to a 4-3 scheme and spend 1 pick on ILB and be just fine Thank you very much.
Always liked 4-3 D. Problem is the guys needed don't grow on trees and odds against us when picking in lower 3rd of draft most years.

We had an awesome D-Line with Favre era with White, Dotson, Brown, Jones.

Those big guys don't grow on trees, hardly ever become free agents unless at end of careers, and go between picks 1-5 in draft.

So say ZSmith plays Jones position, would think Clark in Dotson's position, but don't see anyone on team to play White's and Brown's position.

Imo though a tough task, we need to find a stud ILBer. And also for years been saying need a hybrid of Safety/LBer to cover. Those TEs.

I know this has been discussed, but Martinez is #2 in the league in tackles this season. Not saying he's the best ILB in the league, but I don't think he's the handicap that some people are alluding to.

Brkoen record, perhaps, but "AJ Hawk". Quantity vs quality tackles.

Back