Upgrading the Packers

Also the tone needs to be set. To start the season the packers came out as the hammer. Lately they been the nail. The 49ers came out flying around. Thsts a culture not just talent. That mentality needs to be in green bay.

Winner)

exactly. the fire has been missing for a few weeks now. it seems like complacency has set in.

Winner)

exactly. the fire has been missing for a few weeks now. it seems like complacency has set in.

Lack of depth has caused legs to get heavy, no real ability to rotate guys in and out. Its one of the issues with the late bye week, some guys have hit a wall

OTC for 2020 is as follows:
Total Cap Liabilities: $182,949,237
  • Top 51: $182,396,879
  • Offense: $108,057,829
  • Defense: $72,945,325
  • Special: $1,393,725
  • Team Cap Space: $26,871,000

OTC for 2020 is as follows:
Total Cap Liabilities: $182,949,237
  • Top 51: $182,396,879
  • Offense: $108,057,829
  • Defense: $72,945,325
  • Special: $1,393,725
  • Team Cap Space: $26,871,000
Now add in rookie pool and it cuts in even more, but cap should increase a bit

Cutting Graham and Taylor, as GBP stated, saves an additional $12.55M.
Also, I don't think that $9+M still on the books is included in the $26.87M listed above.
Finally, if they really wanted to add more cap space they could consider extending Bak's and Linsley's contracts before next season, since 2020 is the final year of their contracts. Doing so would allow them to lower their 2020 cap numbers and would keep continuity on the OL.

We even face a problem with Crosby. He's one of best kickers in the league, and if he opts to really test the waters, we're talking at a substantial amount more than the $4 mill he got this year.

if i was crosby, i would be looking hard for a dome team or at least a warm weather team. he could easily extend his career by not having to kick bricks in the middle of snowstorms.

i agree with gbp that graham should be cut. maybe you could get a trade for taylor. there seems to be a talent shortage at o-line positions league-wide. but considering the fact that taylor is a better than average back-up, you might want to think twice.

Honestly, looking at the Packers 2020 UFA's, I don't see any "must keep" guys on the list!

Bulaga - ONLY if it's a team friendly deal for (max) 3 yrs
T. Williams - Gone. Age overcomes Experience
Crosby - What rb said!
Allison - Gone. Not even sure he's worth a vet's minimum contract to stay.
Lewis - Gone. Age. Youth will be served in 2020.
Grant - Gone. He was a bandaid for this year anyway.
Campbell - Possibly. He knows MP's defense and will likely come cheap.
Fackrell - Let him test the market. If no takers, he can come back at team friendly deal, maybe only a 1 yr thing so he can test again.
Vitale - Only if it's team friendly. He hasn't been used much, so what's going to change? I like drafting AJ Dillon (BC)
Martinez - Let him test, for sure. But I'd like them to try to sign either Kwiatkoski (CHI) or bring back Joe Thomas (DAL) and also draft a good ILB.

All the other PLayers on the Packers 2020 Free agent list are either RFA or ERFA, so the Packers pretty much control what they want to do with those guys.

Lack of depth has caused legs to get heavy, no real ability to rotate guys in and out. Its one of the issues with the late bye week, some guys have hit a wall

While this has merit, its not all about getting tired. Every team is playing games. Packer came out of a bye. You cant tell me 2 weeks and they are still burnt. Many are young world class athletes. I sure would like to see a stat that shows we sub less then other teams.

I also was leaning more to attitude with the tone setting. Strike 1st and hard. Thats mental as much as physical. I just dont see this team with that killer approach.

While this has merit, its not all about getting tired. Every team is playing games. Packer came out of a bye. You cant tell me 2 weeks and they are still burnt. Many are young world class athletes. I sure would like to see a stat that shows we sub less then other teams.

I also was leaning more to attitude with the tone setting. Strike 1st and hard. Thats mental as much as physical. I just dont see this team with that killer approach.

Killer attitude, our team doesn't have a buy a burger at McDonald's and eat it attitude

Back