Training Camp Day 4 Summary

Hope Rollins is ready, because it sounds like Jones was getting beat repeatedly in coverage.

Well we still have a really solid DB in Randall. . Oh wait... That's right we trade him cause the coaches and vets egos couldn't take being called out on accountability..

Maybe Kizer can make the switch to DB?

ILB is a position where Packers have no experienced depth. NaVorro Bowman is available. He's past his prime, but did start last 10 games for Oakland last year. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamel...navorro-bowman

he actually started 15 games last season. five for the niners and 10 for the raiders. he played okay coming off a season-ending achilles injury in the 2016 season. he was good enough for the raiders to make a mid-season trade for him. he's not an elite coverage linebacker any more, but he's still dominant against the run. I think he'd be a good fit.

Well we still have a really solid DB in Randall. . Oh wait... That's right we trade him cause the coaches and vets egos couldn't take being called out on accountability..

What's more, his own coach said he was playing the best football of his career prior to the trade.

Said it earlier in shout. Slide Matthews inside and turn him lose. You can use a guy like Jones outside as a Bandit backer on 2nd/3rd. I might try Reggie Gilbert early or even give Burks a shot at the outside spot.

The other thing they can do is play more 4 man front, maybe more 4-2-5 looks where Rollins/Jones attack the line of scrimmage. MP has many many options open to him. tc(

Agreed here. We still have many options and we dont even know which type of d. While i think many extremely overrate clay when he played inside. (He was not very good) he could have a nice role there if used right. Like denver uses von in their d. Let him still get after the qb. The dl is still the strentgh so i think we have some nice pieces for a 4 man front.

Ryan is a good player to have but the d wasnt build around him. He can be replaced

Said it earlier in shout. Slide Matthews inside and turn him lose. You can use a guy like Jones outside as a Bandit backer on 2nd/3rd. I might try Reggie Gilbert early or even give Burks a shot at the outside spot.

The other thing they can do is play more 4 man front, maybe more 4-2-5 looks where Rollins/Jones attack the line of scrimmage. MP has many many options open to him. tc(

I read up on this a bit but want to clarify - the Bandit backer is a hybrid LB/Rush guy on the weak side? So that puts Jones generally around the LOS but sometimes off the ball, then you'd have CMIII in the middle, plus I assume Blake as something of a SAM backer? Can you clarify what you mean about Gilbert and Burks? I thought Burks was a "Rover" type of guy, similar to what they were trying to get from Burnett.

To me, Matthews inside makes us a better defense, and could extend his career. I also agree on Burks getting a shot at the OLB spot. The 4-2-5 is not a wild idea. It makes sense, based on the personnel we seem to have, and their talents.

That said... McCarthy will have his say....

Burks on passing downs on cool with him bouncing out but he would get steemed rolled as an olb. Hes not here to set the edge. Hes the hybrid type the league is using for in space.

As far as matthews im not at all thinking about extending his career. Hes a pass rusher. If hes brought inside when we are in a 4 front i hope hes used like von is which is still going after the qb. Im sure im in the minority but as an ilb hes not that great. Moving him around and making teams account for him is best imo. Of course others need to hold their own or the wholr idea crashes

I'm very interested to see how Burks does.. He was the most intriguing draft pick.
I like him, but he'll need a year.

He'll be like Martinez, only with skills flipped, stronger in passing game than running game.

Back