Trading Rodgers, Adams Could Help Packers Reload

If they feel they have to move Rodgers now, the only team that’s really in play is Denver because they are the only QB needy team that can absorb his contract without doing cap gymnastics. (Currently $28M in cap space)

So his market value is very limited at the moment.

If they feel they have to move Rodgers now, the only team that’s really in play is Denver because they are the only QB needy team that can absorb his contract without doing cap gymnastics. (Currently $28M in cap space)

Yep that's why you don't trade him until after the season when more teams have more cap space and are interested. I rather let him sit out all year then take very little in return just to get him out of GB.

Any trade the contract can be restructured. If the right deal is there make it

Yep that's why you don't trade him until after the season when more teams have more cap space and are interested. I rather let him sit out all year then take very little in return just to get him out of GB.
And sitting one year means he’s one year older and inactive for 18 months. Not ideal either. If the right deal is there you move him.

And sitting one year means he’s one year older and inactive for 18 months. Not ideal either. If the right deal is there you move him.
Why would they consider letting him sit, unless he says he’s “retired”, if they have to pay him for being on the roster in 2021.
At this point I’m more in favor of moving him and his contract off the roster.
At least that puts out one fire and let’s them move onto the next.

Agree. But does Rodgers want our badly enough at this point to leave money on the table in the short term?
Not sure he will. Assume you have to convert a majority to a SB that you can prorate. It still pays out in 2021 or 2022. Structure matters

Why would they consider letting him sit, unless he says he’s “retired”, if they have to pay him for being on the roster in 2021.
At this point I’m more in favor of moving him and his contract off the roster.
At least that puts out one fire and let’s them move onto the next.
Just me but the longer he sits does not help either party. Get rid of the distraction and move on

I don't think the right deal is out there. When you have maybe one team with cap space and need to want him why offer a lot you say well we are the only team wanting him here is our offer take it or leave it.

Just me but the longer he sits does not help either party. Get rid of the distraction and move on
You don't give him away though for pennies on the dollar which I think at this point is all you get.

Back