Trade: The only move that makes sense

The only way JJ leaves Houston is as an unrestricted free agent. Down here in Texas, he's listed side by side with Andre Johnson as the greatest players to ever play for the Texans, and if possible, even a little more popular than what Johnson was.

I thought you were gonna put him side by side with Sam Houston!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TW
Nope JJ has said he does not want to be around for a rebuild in Houston so it's likely he will be traded in off-season with team trading for him giving him a short term contract ext. He knows he only has 2-3 years left and wants to get a ring before he retires.
He’s not leaving Houston

He does make sense.
But the flip side is what kind of draft capital would it take to pry him away from the NYJ’s?
They made it clear he wasn’t available for trade, so I’m guessing that means It would take multiple picks to get them to move off their dime. And if that’s the case it would be crazy to do that.
He was not being shopped

He’s not leaving Houston
I think he is he wants a ring that's not happening in Houston. I could see him go to Pitt as a situational pass rusher play with his brothers.

Football is such an interesting sport. You play it for roughly 3 years prior to HS. 4 years in HS, 4 years in college, then, if you're really good, about 10 years in the NFL. Then it's gone. 21 years of your life, and you're out on the street with bad knees, a future in a wheel chair, and a lot of pats on the back, until such time as new generations come along and have "new" heroes to worship. You were in your early 30s when you were told you were "too old."

Earl Campbell knows that full well. He's still popular among people who are older, but to the younger generations, it's; "Who's that?" They just don't give a rip.

That's the reality for guys like JJ. I think he understands it. The accolades will die, and there will be new heroes.

Rebuild in the NFL is really a fine line. Houston has a QB in place, Fuller is a nice piece and the OL is ok. Find a HC and GM, your in a weak division.

Reactions: TW
He’s not getting traded
Why not? I don't buy that he is to loyal to Houston to not chase a ring at the end of his career. I think he will always be a Texan at heart but wants the ring to finish off his career. Also I think when he retires he goes back to WI to live he bought a big cabin in Summit that he lives in off-season.

Why not? I don't buy that he is to loyal to Houston to not chase a ring at the end of his career. I think he will always be a Texan at heart but wants the ring to finish off his career. Also I think when he retires he goes back to WI to live he bought a big cabin in Summit that he lives in off-season.
He’s not a UFA, the next HC & GM will make that decision not him. It’s not a major rebuild. His contract is not friendly and I’m not making a commitment to extend him just to make it work cap wise. I

Football is such an interesting sport. You play it for roughly 3 years prior to HS. 4 years in HS, 4 years in college

A lot of districts in Ohio start playing in 1st grade. Some of these kids, by the time they get to the pros, have been playing for years and years

Back