Three problems that are costing the Bucks every game

Brogdon was not a point guard. His game was spot up shooting and slashing without the ball. Bledsoe is a point guard who can get to the hoop with the ball and distribute it as well. I hate that so many people compare these two guys. Very different skill sets. The Bucks made the right decision in keeping Bledsoe because they need a point guard.

I wasn't in the slightest bit convinced that this version of the Bucks was better than last year's. Now I believe they are a lot better, not because of any major signings, but because they have created more support around the nucleus of the team, with players who understand their role in their success.

Every night you could have a pool, selecting who will be the guy off the bench who acts as a spark plug for the offense, and defense. It could be any one, or more, of several players. There are nights where the subs blow the opposition off the court.

Watching the game last night, against New Orleans, I did come to one conclusion. They do need to play a few games against weaker teams without Giannis, to insure they continue to have consistency. They shot lights out last night, but they need to protect the ball better, and step up their defense. They're allowing way too many easy shots without Giannis presence in the paint. He and Lopez play defense well enough to change the other team's shots.

Brogdon was not a point guard. His game was spot up shooting and slashing without the ball. Bledsoe is a point guard who can get to the hoop with the ball and distribute it as well. I hate that so many people compare these two guys. Very different skill sets. The Bucks made the right decision in keeping Bledsoe because they need a point guard.
Yep people bash bucks for not keeping Brogdon but he did not want to be in MKE. He wanted to be a place were he was going to be the #1-2 option. In MKE he was at best going to be the #3. Bucks got a 1st round pick for him that they can use later in year for a trade or use the pick as a lottery ticket to see if they can get something good in the mid to late first round.

Defense has been somewhat of an issue this year (and last in the playoffs) with or without Giannis on the floor. Its has nothing to do with post or paint defense, at times perimeter rotations are slow leaving guy open or allowing them the ability to drive. Saw it last night way to many times with Redick free and Holiday getting easy looks Much of that is on Matthews and while I am fine with Brogden gone he was a much better defender than Matthews, but the same issues happened vs Toronto last year and the loss this year to Boston was all about bad defense letting Walker, Tatum and Hayward getting easy looks. DiVincenzo is getting more minutes and that helps, hes a much better defender

Are the Bucks better than last year, maybe. Giannis is much better if thats even possible and Bledsoe is playing All Star quality basketball. I just dont think overall the league is as good as last year.

Toronto is a shell of itself without Kawhi, Boston talent wise is not as good but Stevens is a fantastic coach, Philly without Butler and Covington and its bench have taken a minor step back, not sure Horford is a fix. I like Miami but overall talent is not there to challenge. In the west both LA teams have improved as had Dallas but the rest of the west is on par with last year or taken a step back...Portland is really having issues, and yeah Golden State.

Long season left, injuries will come into play so not going to predict the future but based on what we have seen to this point its really a 3 - 5 team race for the title

Back