Three problems that are costing the Bucks every game

TW

First is the insistence to shoot 3s, no matter what the score. Up by 18, and throwing up bricks is just plain stupid. You work the clock and get good shots at short range, instead of continuing to pop from long range when you're hardly hitting 30% out there. Secondly, they need to make free throws. They are horrible at the line, from the perspective that the guys that get there are bad foul shooters. It's not too often that you have to bench your best player at crunch time if the other team intends to intentionally commit fouls, to extend the game. Such is the fate of Giannis.

Third, defense. What happened to last year's amazing defense?

Packinatl

I have watched all 4 games and #1 its 4 games in so I am not going to panic or overreact. #1b issue is defense. They continue to have the inability to guard the pick and roll, very similar to the Toronto series. Not sure its effort but one thing I see is that Matthews is a liability on defense where Brogdon was not. I don't think its the entire issue but it shows. Defensive rotation continues to be an issue. They are allowing 117.5 PPG and issue #2 they cant rebound sans Giannis, 3rd in the league on rebounds allowed

As to shooting 3's that the system, "Five Out" which in its simplest form is to creates driving lanes, takes defenders out the paint, its about spacing kick out to wings In a perfect world we could use one more athletic wing over 6-6 ( Jimmy Butler type) to get into the paint or take a defender one on one but we signed Matthews, Korver, who have made money in the league behind the line. Middleton is not especially quick, clearly Lopez and Illiasova is not either. And until #34 can hit a 15-20 foot shot consistently defenses are going to sag back and take away the midrange shot. I said it last week I would get Gannis more sets on the block instead of at the top of the key but the more you watch this team the offense all that creates is double teams and more perimeter looks. They shot 35% last year from 3 and thats the pace this year. They are getting open looks.

FT's yeah are an issue but its 4 games in so lets see how that looks 20-25 games in.