Thompson: "We value draft and development, we value free agency"

TT's response to reports that Mike McCarthy is unhappy with lack of activity in free agency made me laugh! TT said, "I saw that, too. I don't know where that came from." Did he say that deadpan as a joke or was he serious?

Ted will be Ted probably wait till after the draft see who he got then check what's left in FA and then make offer to guys who would be glad just to get a offer at that point and be guys who would be coming in having to earn a roster spot.

I wonder if Ted has ever even tried to sign a top FA that was on the market?

sh))
(On off-season philosophy based on the window of opportunity) I think you have a philosophy in how you think is the best way to build a team. ... We sign free agents, we look into free agency, we've been doing it for the last several months with prospective free agency. But no, we're not going to chase a ghost just because the clock is ticking.

They are not going to change direction. Every year we see post after post about FA and every year he puts out a statement like this and does his thing. Ted and mike being Ted and Mike

I wonder if Ted has ever even tried to sign a top FA that was on the market?
Well, Pep wasn't far from it. Woody's original deal wasn't peanuts, either. I dunno about others.

The biggest names usually go to teams who need to sell tickets, and they overpay for that instead of actual production.

But nearly all "top FA"s fail compared to the price. Don't ignore the fails - they're so plentiful.

Well, Pep wasn't far from it. Woody's original deal wasn't peanuts, either. I dunno about others.

The biggest names usually go to teams who need to sell tickets, and they overpay for that instead of actual production.

But nearly all "top FA"s fail compared to the price. Don't ignore the fails - they're so plentiful.

Woodson was only pretty much ignored though by most teams. Only 2 teams offered him anything GB and TB and GB was the only one to say he could play CB. Also read that Peppers thought he was actually going to go back to Carolina on a short deal but then GB called and offered him chance to play LB.

Do agree many big name FA's are overpaid but sometimes you have to overpay to get that one guy who could prehaps put you over the top. We have seen that draft and develop is good but not perfect. Ted needs to add pieces that he can't seem to find in the draft like another good pass rusher.

He can use free agency or not use free agency as he sees fit, and there's nothing I can do to change it. But I'd appreciate it if he didn't insult my intelligence by expecting me to believe black is white and down is up.

In free agency it takes 2 to make a deal. I'm not defending Thompson here but just stating a fact. You can put a list of name down but that does not mean they want to play in green Bay. In all honesty I fault him as much swinging and missing not completing trades for Gonzalez Moss or Lynch.

In free agency it takes 2 to make a deal. I'm not defending Thompson here but just stating a fact. You can put a list of name down but that does not mean they want to play in green Bay. In all honesty I fault him as much swinging and missing not completing trades for Gonzalez Moss or Lynch.

I can't blame him for Gonzalez trade or Moss trade. Gonzalez he thought he had a deal done for a 2nd round pick just for the KC GM at the last hour to demand more for him. Even Gonzalez later said it was BS and the KC GM and no intention to trade him. Also TT thought he had a deal done to get Moss for a 4th round pick just to go to bed and find out the next morning NE offered more and that the Raiders never called TT to see if he would match or beat it.

Back