Thompson: "We value draft and development, we value free agency"

I think history shows you can't win titles at a constant clip period. No need to add qualifiers. There haven't been any repeat SB winners since NE did it in '04 and '05.

But look at the pats they are what I am talking about they like to mix up draft and develop plus use FA. They have been to the SB numerous times in the last 15 years

in the most recent ten super bowls, there have been nine different winners. only the giants won more than one.

So, how long does this particular fanbase wait until we're OK to want/hope for/expect/demand another one? I really don't like the "well, nobody else has more" rationalizations. Just because it's hard, or hasn't been done, doesn't means we just shrug off gut-wrenching season-enders. Disclaimer - I am pre-Lombardi, so I was there for the three-peat, something that nobody else had done, except for the Pack in the Depression era.

So, how long does this particular fanbase wait until we're OK to want/hope for/expect/demand another one? I really don't like the "well, nobody else has more" rationalizations. Just because it's hard, or hasn't been done, doesn't means we just shrug off gut-wrenching season-enders. Disclaimer - I am pre-Lombardi, so I was there for the three-peat, something that nobody else had done, except for the Pack in the Depression era.

Demand? Wow. First off the league is not set up for continued success. It's about parity. Our run of division titles is not the norm. In many ways we have bucked the odds. As an organization we lucked out to have back to back HOF quarterbacks. Not since the Montana Steve Young has that happened. My guess we have a new SB champ next year it's how the league likes it.

I wondered if someone would jump right past "want/hope for/expect" to the end. However, I see nothing wrong with fans 'demanding' anything. And, again, I don't care about the league, how it's set up, what the norm is, what they want to see, et. al. The other 31 teams can _______ for all I care - all I do care about is the Pack. Certainly have lucked out with back-to-back QBs, which have netted us the same number of championships as Eli Manning had over a five-year span. I get why some are able to figure that one per QB is enough, just don't lump me in with them, and allow me to want/hope for/expect/ maybe even demand better while we're able.

Fans have zero power to demand anything from the team they support other than to stop supporting them. Lion's fans have been "demanding" more for years and it hasn't gotten them anywhere.

I wondered if someone would jump right past "want/hope for/expect" to the end. However, I see nothing wrong with fans 'demanding' anything. And, again, I don't care about the league, how it's set up, what the norm is, what they want to see, et. al. The other 31 teams can _______ for all I care - all I do care about is the Pack. Certainly have lucked out with back-to-back QBs, which have netted us the same number of championships as Eli Manning had over a five-year span. I get why some are able to figure that one per QB is enough, just don't lump me in with them, and allow me to want/hope for/expect/ maybe even demand better while we're able.
So if your going to demand what's your fix? Is it drafting better? More active in free agency? Because clearly no team has the silver bullet to win year in and year out. No team has figured out the formula how to win multiple SB. The blue print at best is a combination of luck, talent, coaching and matchups.

That's the joy of fandom. I don't have to have a fix. Pay me seven figures, and I'll take a shot at it.

That's the joy of fandom. I don't have to have a fix. Pay me seven figures, and I'll take a shot at it.
Actually the beauty of being a fan is to second guess without any responsibility to meet expectations

To me, it's not the talent level that has cost us the playoffs the last TWO years.

It's our HC's fear-based playcalling on offense. The D's "miscommunication" haven't helped either.

To me INJURIES have cost us in the playoffs too. Had Rodgers not had that calf injury I wonder what would have happened in Seattle in 2014? Would we have scored TDs in the first quarter instead of FGs?

Had our O line been healthy and our WR corps not devastated by injury we might've won the division in 2015.

Back