they say it takes three years to truly evaluate a draft . . .

This is the reason I've always feared Chucky becoming a candidate for the Packers HC job. He'd destroy the entire front office, and turn it into a serious mosh pit of yes men.

i remember how much chica loved gruden. (i know that comment will mean zilch to most of you - just ignore it).

i remember how much chica loved gruden. (i know that comment will mean zilch to most of you - just ignore it).

I know i mis-used the "old" button but that is a blast from the past!

Anyway, in the Harry Potter universe the lowest grade a student could get was a T - that stands for Troll. So this draft gets a T, because a brainless troll picking randomly could've done better.

Wow! That brought back memories. She sure did. She would thrown anyone under the bus for him to end up the Packer HC. thumbsup

I know i mis-used the "old" button but that is a blast from the past!

Anyway, in the Harry Potter universe the lowest grade a student could get was a T - that stands for Troll. So this draft gets a T, because a brainless troll picking randomly could've done better.

You remember chica too? That goes back in time.

And if you have adequate depth that's not a problem, injuries are part of the game having the next guy up to fill is the key.
True but this is also true for most nfl teams. Just look at the OT shortage. On the other hand TT did leave the cupboards more bare then most teams too

The shortage of LTs has more to do with solid back up LTs making good RTs, and guards. They ended up cross-trained into starting positions, and end up too valuable on the field, leaving the back up ranks of LTs thin. If you look at Bakhtiari, he was actually penciled in on the right, ended up on the left when Bulaga got hurt, and ended up staying there with Bulaga moving right. Most of the guys who can play on the left side are exceptional. There's no depth because they end up starting.

The shortage of LTs has more to do with solid back up LTs making good RTs, and guards. They ended up cross-trained into starting positions, and end up too valuable on the field, leaving the back up ranks of LTs thin. If you look at Bakhtiari, he was actually penciled in on the right, ended up on the left when Bulaga got hurt, and ended up staying there with Bulaga moving right. Most of the guys who can play on the left side are exceptional. There's no depth because they end up starting.
It’s also a byproduct of how OL are developed at the D1 level. It’s speed instead of strength. Sure there exceptions. Spriggs is a perfect example. Indiana played a spread and the emphasis was on speed

TW and T couple of things, the shortage of quality back up OL/RB/WR and most of all QB is in large part due to the spread option. Theydon't/can't run block...as with Janis the WR struggle in a pro route tree. The QB they are worst of all, most of them from pee wee through college have never taken a snap under center or had to do 5/7 step drops. Their skills are limited. This in Turn has affected the defensive players in a negative way.

Now let's consider that this is the pool TT had to choose from and Gute admitted yesterday he was in the room for all of it so it wasn't "solely TT" as many of you spew daily. Further if all those guys sucked so badly why did 2 of our defensive backs leave Green bay and become all pro's ? Why did several offensive lineman that sucked balls in GB leave and start in places like Seattle or Phily or Cincy and play 4-5 more years.

Rather than pointing fingers at the guy buying the groceries, how about you go after the lard ass chief that's been cooking the meal ??

( Terrianimal, you can't keep comparing any of this to Wolf. He had no CBA, and No spread offense in his era. As much as it pains me that brand of ball is gone)

I'd never eat at a restaurant where McCarthy was chef. The food would be tasteless, lack curb appeal, and more than likely cause diarehha. That's my way of saying Mark's right about how players are brought up through the game. It also points at why we see so Many Badger O linemen making it in the NFL. They teach them to run block! Any kid who has the raw talent to be a star in the NFL is crazy if he doesn't seek out a chance to be a Badger. Just my opinion.... I admit, I'm a little biased. ;)

Back