The "position and "players" we need to draft in 2020 Thread.

Right now, you can put about four dozen names in a hat and any one of them could be the Packers first pick, depending on how the season goes, and how high up the line they get to pick. They could even go athlete over need, and work on FAs to fill specific needs, just like the Smiths and Amos this year.

Gute will be sick for draft Ted will cover for him Ted will trade out of the 1st round for a bag of magic beans then in 2nd round draft a DT that will be converted to a ILB.

kind of hard for me to say "this player, in this round" with not having a clue as to where the Packers will finish this year.

But, if I had to guess, I would say top 20 pick (18-19 range).
Given that "guess", I'd trade down six-seven spots in round 1 and gather an extra 3rd round pick in the process.

With that in mind...…………………..

Round 1: Laviska Shenault; WR; Colorado
Great #2 WR to pair with Tae. Not a speedy guy, but big/strong/physical WR who would be a legit #2 target as opposed to what GB currently has.

Round 2: Jacob Eason; QB; Washington
He's got the size/arm strength/ability to be the potential future QB in GB. He won't be ready for a year or two, but he gives GB a potential option to be Rodgers successor.

Round 3: Calvin Throckmorton; OT; Oregon
He's played RT, LT, C, RG...…..but mostly RT. His positional flexibility makes him a good candidate.

Round 3: (from trade down) Krys Barnes; ILB; UCLA
Balanced defender against both run and pass. Need a guy that can do both

Other high priority needs are TE, RB

Eason and Throckmorton will go higher. Both good prospects in positions of value....esp qb. Some think eason is top ten.

I love Henry Ruggs. Hes my fav weapon next year. Dude might be the fastest NFL player and he doesnt go down easy. Has strong hands also. Might not be as polished as his teamate Jeudy but I think he will be better.

Eason and Throckmorton will go higher. Both good prospects in positions of value....esp qb. Some think eason is top ten.

I love Henry Ruggs. Hes my fav weapon next year. Dude might be the fastest NFL player and he doesnt go down easy. Has strong hands also. Might not be as polished as his teamate Jeudy but I think he will be better.

That Eason thing will be interesting to follow.
That could mean up to 5 QB’s in the top, if it’s true.
Tua, Hebert, Fromme, Hurts, Eason

I would never draft a guy named Throckmorton. Especially if he wanted Jr added on the back!

But would you draft a Tagovailoa

Yup! If for no other reason than to have all my friends who imbibe just a little too much have to pronounce his name after he made something happen! elephant)

Six games in and really nothing has changed much for me.
- OT remains the #1 need. Even if Bulaga stays healthy all year, I highly doubt they re-sign him and if they did it would be on a deal they could get out of quickly. Light seems like an OK at best swing tackle, but he's not a starting RT. I'd draft one early. For ML to get this offense where he wants it, he'll need a quality OL.
- WR might actually be need #1, but I'm a sucker for the trench guys. Need to add a guy or two to the mix. Right now you don't really have a quality slot guy plus you could use a better all-around guy like an Adams or Nelson type. I would not be upset of they took 2 in the first 4-5 rounds.
- ILB is OK with Martinez, but you need another guy next to him. Burks was a decent gamble and maybe he'll be back this year and show something, but if not I'd keep picking 'em until I hit.
- TE is a little hard to call because Tonyan and Sternberger have been injured. Graham is done so he's gotta go. Weird thing is that Lewis actually is still doing the job. Maybe I bring him back on another 1yr deal and draft one in the middle/late rounds.
- QB is a position to keep looking at but if they keep winning it'll probably be something they address with a "value/development" type guy.
- RB would be nice but not a pressing need. Take another flier on a guy after Rd 4.
- DL isn't a priority but you always consider talented big men.
- OLB need is low but again, pass rushers are a premium position so you take one if the value is really high.
- DB looks good right now so not much need there other than a depth guy.

From a draft perspective I'm hoping to hit on OT, WR and ILB in the first 3 rounds in no particular order. QB is a wildcard and I take one in any round if I believe he's "franchise QB" material. The rest I take as value presents itself.

Back