the one and only highlight of family night that i could find on youtube so far

i think you have to remember that this was just one practice. i'm not even sure davis makes the team, athough he's making a strong case. and let's not forget allison, who has a good history with ar and is probably going to be your starting slot receiver.
I am thinking Davis will likely be more of the return man then seeing time at WR. But right now I think he's safe. IMO outside of a injury I think the WR group is set to be Adams, Allison, MVS, St. Brown, Kumerow, and Davis. I think Shepard will end up on the PS and Moore 50/50 if he gets back on the PS or if he ends up with another teams PS.

Keep in mind we got a lot of vanila last night. Pre season game 3 will be the one to watch per say. Doesn't sound like Rodgers plays in game 1 and most of the starters will sit 4.

One note we did see the Sean McVay kind of wrinkle which was the jet motion out of 1 back spread gun look. That isn't part of the original O ML learned at all.

Packers sit their starters a lot of preseason and then start season slow again like normal.

Packers sit their starters a lot of preseason and then start season slow again like normal.
Pretty common place now for teams to rest starters in pre-season with paying guys 15-30 million a year you are not going to risk that investment in a pre-season game.

yep. i'm somewhat surprised at this. i thought that was a mm thing.
Pre season has almost zero to do with team evaluation it’s 90% about player evaluation, figuring out depth and the bottom 1/3 of your roster. Unless you are in rebuilding mode you know your first 22 with maybe a couple of exceptions

Pre season has almost zero to do with team evaluation it’s 90% about player evaluation, figuring out depth and the bottom 1/3 of your roster. Unless you are in rebuilding mode you know your first 22 with maybe a couple of exceptions

i get that. but shouldn't at least a small part of it be about players shaking off the rust, getting in game shape and learning to trust the system - especially since it is a new system? i watch other teams in preseason, and - especially if they have a new head coach - they play the starters for at least few series every game.

i get that. but shouldn't at least a small part of it be about players shaking off the rust, getting in game shape and learning to trust the system - especially since it is a new system? i watch other teams in preseason, and - especially if they have a new head coach - they play the starters for at least few series every game.
I don’t think it matters much to be honest. Your going to show 95% base on both sides of the ball, very vanilla and then you weigh in injury risk. Its a 16 game season which is a marathon not a sprint.

a baseball season is a marathon.
a basketball season is a marathon.
a football season may not be a sprint, but 16 games is definitely not a marathon.

a baseball season is a marathon.
a basketball season is a marathon.
a football season may not be a sprint, but 16 games is definitely not a marathon.
Injury risk in football is not even close to MLB or the NBA. NFL football is a war of attrition

Back