The Lacy Paradox

Project maybe the wrong word, but Alex Green. Coming from a pass heavy spread system against weak competition.

Agree that semantics might be a problem, but I'd think, given the results, that the easier question would be who TT has drafted that hasn't been a project.

I think you can say any player drafted is a project because they will all need time to develop and learn. Rare that a rookie hits the ground running in this league.

I think you can say any player drafted is a project because they will all need time to develop and learn. Rare that a rookie hits the ground running in this league.

Depends on the system they came from. Green wascfrom a spread system. Jackson was not even a #1 back at Nebraska. Those guys were projects. Draft a guy from a pro style system much better fit.

As Pack said, TT d!cked around for years with small school backs, system backs, poor college competition backs and the team paid the price. In 2012 he dedicated a proper pick to Lacy, big school back who had success against top competition. Problem solved. Same year he dedicated another pick to Franklin, another productive back from a pro style program who played against good competition and Franklin looked very promising - and may have pushed for starting reps at some point - until his neck injury.

You saw it with S until TT dedicated a proper pick to HaHa. Problem solved. You see it right now with ILB. You see it with OL. You see it with TE.

You want to push Lacy? Grab a productive pro-style back with some speed in the top 3-4 rounds. If you don't do it, don't complain when we go through another year of this with Eddie and then he's gone and the team needs to start over anyway.

One other point to consider. Is a power back like Lacy really the best fit for this offense? If I had a choice I may look at more of a a speed back who can catch the ball out of the backfield.

One other point to consider. Is a power back like Lacy really the best fit for this offense? If I had a choice I may look at more of a a speed back who can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Power backs can be nice to have, especially with our O-line, so that when you have a big lead or just really really want to do it you can just bludgeon a defense to death, a la the Washington game. I wish we were better at it though.

Whose the most well rounded back coming out this year?

Power backs can be nice to have, especially with our O-line, so that when you have a big lead or just really really want to do it you can just bludgeon a defense to death, a la the Washington game. I wish we were better at it though.

Whose the most well rounded back coming out this year?

I really like zeke Elliott from OSU

I'll take Ahman Green for 500, Alex. A guy who has the speed to get around the corner, and once he's in the flat goes looking for linebackers to blow up like he's Wyle E. Coyote on his way to the first down marker and beyond.

Back