Teddy Bridgewater (possible) knee injury

Same source is saying there is no evidence (I would add, "so far") of any nerve or arterial damage. So Teddy will keep his leg, at least.

My goodness, this appears to be worse than I thought. I wonder if he'll ever play again...? Shocked(

Good info Crease, thanks for sharing. Some awful luck for Bridgewater but sounds like quick action by trainers and EMS in MN maybe limited some damage.

I'll add some further kudos to Zimmer for being pretty open and upfront about the details of the injury and not playing the cloak and dagger games that many teams, including GB, default to.

I'll add some further kudos to Zimmer for being pretty open and upfront about the details of the injury and not playing the cloak and dagger games that many teams, including GB, default to.

I'll agree, but he had players puking on the practice field and an ambulance show up to take his QB to the ER...

It'd be interesting to see just what TT or even Belichick would say when it is super duper obvious that the guy is seriously injured.

I'll agree, but he had players puking on the practice field and an ambulance show up to take his QB to the ER...

It'd be interesting to see just what TT or even Belichick would say when it is super duper obvious that the guy is seriously injured.

Not quite the same but they had Derrek Sherrod, whose leg was crushed by 600lbs of people and supposedly looked like it had been in a car wreck. They were very hush hush about that, and frankly I think they did Sherrod no favors by keeping from fans how hurt he was and how that injury impacted him.

Great info Crease. I was involved in orthopedics for many years, when I was younger, and that type of injury is very serious if not acted upon quickly. I'm glad they acted decisively and I'm pulling for Teddy.

Interesting video with Dr. Mark Adickes discussing Bridgewater's injury. He said he had the same injury and never got back to more than 85% when playing in the USFL

Not quite the same but they had Derrek Sherrod, whose leg was crushed by 600lbs of people and supposedly looked like it had been in a car wreck. They were very hush hush about that, and frankly I think they did Sherrod no favors by keeping from fans how hurt he was and how that injury impacted him.

Sherrod is who I was thinking of. Not Newhouse.

Huge blow indeed. He's a starting QB nonetheless and that hurts a team. I hate seeing these types of injuries regardless if it's a division rival.
I hate these types of injuries too, even if it is the Vikings.

I'd tend to think that the Minnesota will now struggle out of the gate. Our Pack should have a very good chance to beat them in their new stadium... it's only a few weeks away.

Sad to hear about his injury. He is an up and coming QB. Very glad to hear about the quick action by medical personnel.. W

Wishing him luck with his recovery.

It will be interesting to see how the team reacts.

Back