Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd trade him tonight. There is no way to recover from this. You can't sign him to an extension at this point given the public airing of all this dirty laundry. No matter how you play it out, many fans, some players, and the organization will view him in a more negative way and he'll feel that way about them. I'm also not sure I take any players in the deal - just more guys who'd probably resent being part of this mess unless they want to throw in Garoppolo who won't want to be in San Fran if the deal is made.

Trade him to San Fran for #3 and #102 this year plus their 2nd in 2022. Then trade #3 for 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd round picks this year and next year and maybe even 2023 if you believe in Love as your future QB. You could come out of this with 5-7 more picks in the first 3 rounds of the next 2 drafts plus your own 6 picks. I think 11-13 picks in the first 3 rounds of the next 2 drafts would go a long way towards building a solid roster around a young QB.

it's not wisconsin that he dislikes. heck, he bought a part of the bucks. it's the team management that he dislikes. and i don't blame him one bit because they are incompetent (through and through).
I don't think that's entirely fair. The org fired the last HC for this guy. They made him the highest paid QB in the league. They went on a FA spending spree to improve the roster, and those additions helped get the team to two straight NFCC games. They hired a young HC that gave him input into the scheme and helped him regain MVP form. Those contracts - his own and the FA contracts - are what's crunched the team but they did it to try to keep his SB window open. Rodgers shares blame for not getting to a SB in the past few years. What did he do in those games to rise above and distinguish himself? What has he done to make room under the cap for other helpful additions?

I have my issues with Gute and his whole personnel evaluation group below him but their treatment of Aaron Rodgers is not one of them. At the same time, they've gotta know if this is end of the road or if he's blowing media steam to try to get more money out of them. If it's the former, then Gute needs to be bold. Move him tonight and load up for the guy you drafted last year. No going back on that move now, commit and give him the best chance you can to succeed.

I agree. he's never done a Brady and taken less cash. But if he did would the Pack have drafted impact players or went out and got them? I doubt it, the Pack would have been 'lookie dere' I found a 20 in my pocket. Because of that, why would he ever give the Pack a break.

Brady always knew that the money he gave up was going to get players for the now.

The Pack keeps building for the future. Instead of trying to get the guys for now.

Victory to the bold.

Because of current situation, I agree that trading Rodgers now and getting all you can is the way to go. If they don't it's going to be really bad later.

If - as I hope - Rodger's is posturing to get them to draft players that can step in and play rather that our typical modus operandi of drafting projects that we often have to teach new positions, this will work out.

If it's not, they've already waited too long, because Rodgers has thrown or tried to throw the dagger. He was more valuable when nobody knew he wanted to leave.

Good little interview with Andrew Brandt here, embedded down the page:

Brandt is a smart man so he should know Rodgers and Love have the same reps....Rodgers knows the plan for Love which is why he is ticked off. A little birdy told me tonight that it's been brewing a long time...said little birdy used to play in the NFL and knows Rodgers agent.

I agree. he's never done a Brady and taken less cash. But if he did would the Pack have drafted impact players or went out and got them? I doubt it, the Pack would have been 'lookie dere' I found a 20 in my pocket. Because of that, why would he ever give the Pack a break.

Brady always knew that the money he gave up was going to get players for the now.

The Pack keeps building for the future. Instead of trying to get the guys for now.
The Brady / Tampa comparison is just not apple's to apples. That defense was there pre Brady as was Godwin and Evans. It's just a convenient narrative

Brandt is a smart man so he should know Rodgers and Love have the same reps....Rodgers knows the plan for Love which is why he is ticked off. A little birdy told me tonight that it's been brewing a long time...said little birdy used to play in the NFL and knows Rodgers agent.
I assume this means that the team plans to have Rodgers play one more year then move on, leaving Rodgers one year older with less time to bank extra dollars on another deal.

Actually they are repped by the same firm, different lead agents

At this point if Rodgers wants to burn bridges say phones are open give us best offer but we dont want a QB back in return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back