Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I read that the final nail in the coffin that brought Rodgers relationship with Gute/personnel dept to the breaking point was the Packers releasing Kumerow last September.
Is he really that fragile?!
Danno I thought this was a joke at first but apparently you were being serious, I just read that report. Holy cow...

Packers kept Kumerow on the roster for years depsite him sucking and never devloping how long did Rodgers expect the Packers to give him a free ride for.
I just have a hard time believing you would want to leak that stuff. Sure won’t help your perception

I just have a hard time believing you would want to leak that stuff. Sure won’t help your perception
Well there is something Aaron can do about this, he can put pen to paper and release a clear and specific statement of his side of things, or he can turn his phone on, hold it up to his face, hit the flip screen button on the camera and make a 2 minute video setting things straight. Not everything needs to be cloak and dagger.

I think Rodgers had grown to believe that Gutey was taking away the receivers he wanted, to show him who was boss. That's interesting in a way, because it could implicate ML in the sack of both Nelson and Kumerow.

Rodgers wanted guys out there that he personally felt he could trust, and apparently they didn't give a damned what he thought, or wanted.

I mentioned this at the time, when both were sent packing. The kiss of death for both could have been Rodgers saying they were the guys that made things happen.

Gutey may have been playing hardball, intent on getting Rodgers to "tow the line," from the time he took control. It's possible that Rodgers had voiced - behind closed doors - his feelings that Gutey was the wrong man for the job.

A lot of what if's, but that's what the off season is for, when it comes to fans.

The biggest question now is whether or not Rodgers has put himself into an untenable position, and can't opt to come back, without embarrassing himself.

I think Rodgers had grown to believe that Gutey was taking away the receivers he wanted, to show him who was boss. That's interesting in a way, because it could implicate ML in the sack of both Nelson and Kumerow.

Rodgers wanted guys out there that he personally felt he could trust, and apparently they didn't give a damned what he thought, or wanted.
If that's true then not only is Rodgers looking like a coach killer, he's looking incompetent himself. He had one of the two best seasons of his career without any of the guys he thought he needed. All he needed was to trust MLs system, hand it off, throw to the open guy and yes, make his own magic out there sometimes. The offense has been missing another WR who can beat man coverage, but that sure as hell wasn't Jake Kumerow.

Well there is something Aaron can do about this, he can put pen to paper and release a clear and specific statement of his side of things, or he can turn his phone on, hold it up to his face, hit the flip screen button on the camera and make a 2 minute video setting things straight. Not everything needs to be cloak and dagger.
Yes he could but that’s wishful thinking and the GB Packer fan part of me wishes he would. But if
If that's true then not only is Rodgers looking like a coach killer, he's looking incompetent himself. He had one of the two best seasons of his career without any of the guys he thought he needed. All he needed was to trust MLs system, hand it off, throw to the open guy and yes, make his own magic out there sometimes. The offense has been missing another WR who can beat man coverage, but that sure as hell wasn't Jake Kumerow.
this smells like a leak coming from the organization, is Ari Fleischer back in GB

TW

Moderator​

“I think Rodgers had grown to believe that Gutey was taking away the receivers he wanted, to show him who was boss. That's interesting in a way, because it could implicate ML in the sack of both Nelson and Kumerow.
Rodgers wanted guys out there that he personally felt he could trust, and apparently they didn't give a damned what he thought, or wanted.”

This was why I posted earlier that it almost seems a little paranoid-schizo.
His thinking seems symptomatic

TW

Moderator​

“I think Rodgers had grown to believe that Gutey was taking away the receivers he wanted, to show him who was boss. That's interesting in a way, because it could implicate ML in the sack of both Nelson and Kumerow.
Rodgers wanted guys out there that he personally felt he could trust, and apparently they didn't give a damned what he thought, or wanted.”

This was why I posted earlier that it almost seems a little paranoid-schizo.
His thinking seems symptomatic
think it was both Jake and Jordy, not just Jake. The final straw, combined with the Love pick. No reconciliation will happen.

Despite what really happened or what will happen. Even if he comes back, what will be the effect on his rep in the locker room and his leadership?

Even if you stretch it and say that most of Arods beef is warranted the way he went about it was pretty pathetic. Will he stil have respect in the locker room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back