Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like some of what is coming out is being orchestrated by the team. Can't really complain about that too much as everyone wants to control their own narrative.

I can't believe AR isn't also releasing pieces of information in an effort to do the same. Ditto on the narrative.

The rest is coming from people on the periphery trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

One thing to consider is just how stubborn AR is and how long he'll hold onto things. I don't know the current situation, but this is a guy who doesn't have contact with his family for long periods of time over disagreements. I mean if the guy won't talk to his mom, what makes anyone think he cares much more about his relationship with the Packers.

I would take him at his word unless he or his agent are directly telling you something else. I would assume he's serious about not coming back to the Packers unless Gute is gone and that's simply a precedent you can't set. He's an asset you shouldn't waste so I'd pursue the best deal I could get for him - with the Broncos or Raiders - and move on. It sucks but at this point I'm not sure you have another choice.

I did get a chuckle out of the Kumerow story. If that was the last straw, you are probably better off with him gone. I agree though that the Kumerow thing is a stretch and it's a combination of things.

Despite what really happened or what will happen. Even if he comes back, what will be the effect on his rep in the locker room and his leadership?

Even if you stretch it and say that most of Arods beef is warranted the way he went about it was pretty pathetic. Will he stil have respect in the locker room?
I think the other players mostly want to get paid, and secondary they want to win. Aaron helps with the second part, so if he does show up and pretend to bury the hatchet it’ll be business as usual. Wins and losses? Don’t know.

The Packers Front Office and Rodgers aren't in a good place in their relationship. But, I'm beginning to think this is more media people trying to outdo each other

Despite what really happened or what will happen. Even if he comes back, what will be the effect on his rep in the locker room and his leadership?

Even if you stretch it and say that most of Arods beef is warranted the way he went about it was pretty pathetic. Will he stil have respect in the locker room?
players will always back the other players.

The Packers Front Office and Rodgers aren't in a good place in their relationship. But, I'm beginning to think this is more media people trying to outdo each other
Considering the statement by Gute and Rodgers I highly doubt it

When GB visits Rodgers and asks what can be done to fix this mess.

tenor.gif

a statement from an old friend and a guy I used to write with on sporting news because it sums it up best for me.

"Just to be clear, I UNDERSTAND why Rodgers is upset.

It's just that the reasons are stupid, his feelings aren't particularly valid, and his behavior right now is abhorrent.

But yeah, I understand where it's coming from. He's just wrong."

Winner)

Most likely it will be a divided locker room.
Some will support Rodgers and some will support the team that gave them their NFL opportunity.

The problem for Rodgers is that even if he’s traded, there will be a stigma/stain from this that will follow him and will make it difficult for him to lead another team.

a statement from an old friend and a guy I used to write with on sporting news because it sums it up best for me.

"Just to be clear, I UNDERSTAND why Rodgers is upset.

It's just that the reasons are stupid, his feelings aren't particularly valid, and his behavior right now is abhorrent.

But yeah, I understand where it's coming from. He's just wrong."

Winner)
Print it, put it on a f*#%ing t shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back