Rodgers Acknowledges Possibility of Finishing Career ‘Elsewhere’

Main takeaways from 40 minutes with Aaron Rodgers:
-He wasn't "thrilled" with the Love pick but he understands it
-He still wants to finish his career with GB in his early 40s but realizes likelihood of that is less now after the pick
-He will not treat Love like Favre did him

Most honest Aaron Rodgers answer, in response to being asked why he wasn't thrilled with the Love pick.
"My sincere desire to start and finish with the same organization, just as it has with many other players over the years, may not be a reality at this point."

To all the forum vets out there, remember 4-5 offseasons ago when I told you that something wasn't right MM/TT etc ? Well after that presser yesterday coupled with a strange draft etc.... I am not getting any good vibes. Something feels off with this team. Nothing concrete to back it yet .... but the juju isn't where it needs to be.
I think they are trying to reshape the organization top to bottom and it starts with culture, players included. And that also includes that internally they believe the 13-3 record was an aberration and not the true picture. I truly understand and believe that the organization wants to win

But when you look at the contracts out there now, not the cap charges specifically, the cash out on Rodgers and Z Smith / P Smith is substantial and if you don’t think you can make deep run, now factor in the potential for significant lost revenue maybe it’s time to also reshape the financial line. Now down the road, Jones looks for big $ so draft Dillon. The Love pick saves a ton of cash in 1-2 years. It also clears out the last remaining “leader” from the MM/TT era , Aaron Rodgers

I think they are trying to reshape the organization top to bottom and it starts with culture, players included. And that also includes that internally they believe the 13-3 record was an aberration and not the true picture. I truly understand and believe that the organization wants to win

But when you look at the contracts out there now, not the cap charges specifically, the cash out on Rodgers and Z Smith / P Smith is substantial and if you don’t think you can make deep run, now factor in the potential for significant lost revenue maybe it’s time to also reshape the financial line. Now down the road, Jones looks for big $ so draft Dillon. The Love pick saves a ton of cash in 1-2 years. It also clears out the last remaining “leader” from the MM/TT era , Aaron Rodgers
I'll be honest it smells deeper than this. Don't ask me why...not there yet.

Rodgers is going to leave.

This smells same as Bulls GM.

I'll be watching. But, I bet I'm buying "The Pack Will Be Back" stuff before I celebrate another Lombardi.

I'll be honest it smells deeper than this. Don't ask me why...not there yet.
I’ll be interested in hearing what you mean by “deeper” when you get your brain around it.
Call me intrigued

Logical

A new broom sweeps clean. Just remember this old adage. I've pretty much seen this from day one. It was the same thing when McCarthy took over. Ditto with the regime before that. They each want to choose who the people are who lead their team, and it's extremely rare when a carry over from a previous regime is actually counted on to be that person or persons.

It's not the same for supporting cast. But, for those who command the big bucks, and because of their skills, command leadership, it's the way it is.

Back