Rodgers Acknowledges Possibility of Finishing Career ‘Elsewhere’

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
top_passer_rating_past_five_seasons-5ebd5bf02d370c3c31048a00_1_may_14_2020_15_07_22_poster.jpg

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers made his first public comments since the team drafted Jordan Love in the first round.

Continue reading...

He's probably right. If he truly wants to play into his forties like he says then I suspect "football" rather than money will determine what happens. If Love progresses, AR will be gone sooner than later. If Love sucks, who knows. They may just play out the 4 years of Love's deal and still be looking. Of course if it all goes in the crapper it may be a new mgmt team looking for the next QB.

If Love works out, Rodgers will just walk away when they decide it's time.

But, if Love proves to be a failure, they're going to be looking at some real groveling on their part if they try to keep Rodgers after his contract expires. He'd probably tell them to pound sand, and take less elsewhere, just to prove a point.

In other words, I think the future has already been determined, good or bad.

If Love shoes any potential in practice and preseason they hand him the keys in 2 years. $50+ m in cash makes the difference

Unless Love looks totally lost and can't grip the offense in a practice which you should fire the GM and scouting dept for not seeing this on tape Love will need actually game action to judge if he's a flop or not.

If Love works out, Rodgers will just walk away when they decide it's time.

But, if Love proves to be a failure, they're going to be looking at some real groveling on their part if they try to keep Rodgers after his contract expires. He'd probably tell them to pound sand, and take less elsewhere, just to prove a point.

In other words, I think the future has already been determined, good or bad.
The one thing Asron can control is whether or not he steps into his throws, gets the ball out, hits the open guy, snaps the ball on time, etc.

If he doesn't do that, he's not gonna be here no matter what.

If Love works out Arod will go to another team.

If Love doesn't work out Arod will go to another team. I just don't see him walking away after GB moves on.

To all the forum vets out there, remember 4-5 offseasons ago when I told you that something wasn't right MM/TT etc ? Well after that presser yesterday coupled with a strange draft etc.... I am not getting any good vibes. Something feels off with this team. Nothing concrete to back it yet .... but the juju isn't where it needs to be.

To all the forum vets out there, remember 4-5 offseasons ago when I told you that something wasn't right MM/TT etc ? Well after that presser yesterday coupled with a strange draft etc.... I am not getting any good vibes. Something feels off with this team. Nothing concrete to back it yet .... but the juju isn't where it needs to be.
You got a team president who wants to act like a team owner and have his say in all matters if it's on the field or off when he shold not be making any choices to on the field matters. When you have a guy like him who needs to bless things when he should be hands off the team will never be going in the right direction.

Back