RG III may be out for season

A friend of mine - dyed in the wool Browns fan. From Shaker Heights, Ohio. Lives in Wisconsin. His comment.

"They're already looking at the top two or three guys for the draft. They figure that's where they'll be."

Not much hope in Cleveland right now, except for the Cavs.

A friend of mine - dyed in the wool Browns fan. From Shaker Heights, Ohio. Lives in Wisconsin. His comment.

"They're already looking at the top two or three guys for the draft. They figure that's where they'll be."

Not much hope in Cleveland right now, except for the Cavs.

Living here in Ohio, I just feel for the Browns fans. No matter what they do, it seems like it ends up a flop.

The Browns need to find a way to get a young QB, and spend time grooming him, not throwing him on the field to be eaten alive. That's the concept today, and sadly, it doesn't work.

Guys coming in out of college at the position need to let the game come to them speed-wise, before they actually take control of a team.

Over the years, I was so thankful that Rodgers wasn't thrown into the game until he was ready. He learned more than he would have being pummeled on the field.

The problem in today's game is that 4 year contracts expire just about the time a guy has developed into a competitor, and you need to see what they have much earlier. GMs and Coaches end up fired long before they can develop someone.

The Montana to Young, Bledsoe to Brady, and Favre to Rodgers transitions were all based on guys learning, then starting to play. Of course, there was some difference with Young. He played in a second league first.

I agree with everything you said TW. I believe the organization gets swept up in the mania and unfortunately forces situations that garner the results we have witnessed. I just find it crazy that no staff and front office combination have been able to tap the winning strategy.

Does RG3 stick with Cleveland or is done after this year? It seems Hue Jackson was gonna give him a year or 2 to develop in his system but does the injury affect that plan? The Browns will definitely be in the race for the top pick in the next draft.

Does RG3 stick with Cleveland or is done after this year? It seems Hue Jackson was gonna give him a year or 2 to develop in his system but does the injury affect that plan? The Browns will definitely be in the race for the top pick in the next draft.

I think RGIII's future in Cleveland hangs in the balance of the draft next spring. If there's a top level QB out there to be plucked, they take him, and rebuild. If not, they might try to resurrect him as their QB. I think they keep that option open until the draft. He'll still be rehabbing, so they wouldn't gain or lose anything, holding out for the right pick.

A friend suggested that they should have gone after Bradford. I don't think he's a fit in the Browns system. You need someone more mobile, to run that offense. I thought - for a while - that they might try to get Kaepernick, but the reality is the salary, and the cap hit for a season that's already down the tubes. They're better off with the better draft picks.

The worst part about it is that if they do draft a QB, they're going to end up throwing him out there before he actually becomes NFL ready. Then, when it doesn't work, Jackson gets fired and they start all over with a new system, and have to find a QB who fits "that" system.

And the beat goes on.......

Back