Post Game: Vikings Defeat Green Bay

I see some of the talking heads on X are blaming the Love INT on him saying that Love under threw the ball allowing the DB to take it out of Reeds hands. To me it was perfect spot. You throw it higher the WR has to reach for it and if he misses it you have the same talking heads saying he over threw Reed.
100%. And it’s all moot because the WR not only had the ball hit his hands, it hit him in the chest too! Complete the damn play, come on.

I don’t get how some people view this stuff. Watch games around the league, there are tons of throws everywhere that aren’t perfect but WRs adjust and make the catch. Who cares! No one bats an eye at that stuff but Love is put under a microscope and judged down to the millimeter. I think Packer fans got so used to Prime Rodgers being absolutely perfect all over the field that they’ve forgotten that it neither WILL always be that way nor NEEDS to be that way in order to win. Hey, how about the team plays well as a team? Can we please try that? I swear people learned all the wrong lessons from ARs career in GB.

There are way too many little things that the receivers are not doing, that they should, when it comes to receiving passes. Is it possible that on some of these throws, Love is a little late on them, because of a little "mistrust" of what he reads in the receivers in their routes? Why aren't guys like Reed and Watson "challenging physically" for catches? Why aren't the receivers positioning themselves while jockeying for the catch to keep the ball away from the defenders? It not only reduces the possibility of an INT, but increases significantly the possibility of a defensive interference call. Why isn't Love being allowed to do more play action roll outs, because he's pretty darned effective with those plays.

There are things that Love could do as well. Then there's the offensive line play.

Sorry Jordan. You guys aren't just a beat away from being a good offense. The running game is a horror, and the receivers, despite having talent, don't seem to get it.... or maybe, aren't being coached up properly?

There are way too many little things that the receivers are not doing, that they should, when it comes to receiving passes. Is it possible that on some of these throws, Love is a little late on them, because of a little "mistrust" of what he reads in the receivers in their routes? Why aren't guys like Reed and Watson "challenging physically" for catches? Why aren't the receivers positioning themselves while jockeying for the catch to keep the ball away from the defenders? It not only reduces the possibility of an INT, but increases significantly the possibility of a defensive interference call. Why isn't Love being allowed to do more play action roll outs, because he's pretty darned effective with those plays.

There are things that Love could do as well. Then there's the offensive line play.

Sorry Jordan. You guys aren't just a beat away from being a good offense. The running game is a horror, and the receivers, despite having talent, don't seem to get it.... or maybe, aren't being coached up properly?
It's all such a mess that you don't really know in which direction to point a finger. It's almost like it's so bad that any attempt at figuring it out just cancels out each explanation. Just a mess all over the place and it looks ugly.

I'll say it again..... Rodgers helped cover up some of these glaring deficiencies in terms of WR/TE and even RB play. We really need a much better OL 1 and two a vet WR with leadership skills. That alone would go a long long way.

I don't expect GB to do anything before the deadline unless they get DB help cheaply. They have already written this season off as a learning/transition year to get past cap issues. Is that an ugly truth? Yes, but it pretty much explains everything.

I'll say it again..... Rodgers helped cover up some of these glaring deficiencies in terms of WR/TE and even RB play. We really need a much better OL 1 and two a vet WR with leadership skills. That alone would go a long long way.

I don't expect GB to do anything before the deadline unless they get DB help cheaply. They have already written this season off as a learning/transition year to get past cap issues. Is that an ugly truth? Yes, but it pretty much explains everything.
I just hope Love can handle the season mentally. Cause he’s getting a lot of undeserved flaming from so called sports writers who are only looking at stat lines and not the whole picture… that’s a lot to handle for a young guy.

And that's just openers. Didn't mention help at safety, as well as massive improvement in depth at essentially every zone of both offense and defense.

As I said our WR's are garbage. I don't think if you put any of them on a good team that would be considered a contender they are at best a #4 WR. Watson, Doubs, and Reed are the only ones who would even make their roster.

Back