Post Game: Vikings Defeat Green Bay

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Ugly showing today~

Our WR are just awful, running bad routes, not open...when they get open they dropped everything.
TE wasn't used and Musgrave is clearly playing hurt.
OL still crappy but was better with Yosh at LT.
Love...with everything above it's hard to tell or truly evaluate things. ( Packers fans are spoiled after 2 HOF QB'S)

The defense had moments but again, our back 7 are really bad, Jaire's back is still an issue.
ST are anything but special.

On to the Rams

Love...with everything above it's hard to tell or truly evaluate things. ( Packers fans are spoiled after 2 HOF QB'S)
This is where I am. I don't think he's the 3rd straight Hall of Famer but I don't feel like there's been any true evaluation opportunities. You just can't hand the keys over with all these problems and expect good results. Bad line, bad skill players, an inconsistent defense. Right now the Packers literally do nothing well. Nobody would look good. Rodgers didn't last year.

Love obviously looks worse than Rodgers, but we get near halftime and he's thrown 5 passes and we're down 2 scores every week. It's just hot garbage on display.

I get what Brandt is saying in regard to players. But everything Brandt said is also a damning indictment of Murphy and Guteys glorious ineptitude as a FO...

Not many bright spots. This is just not a talented team. But a few to mention:

Love will be fine. He isn't afraid to make throws, he's got plenty of arm strength, and his accuracy is pretty good. He would have had 2 more TD if the WR didn't have such soft hands and actually fought for the ball. His INT was not on him either. There haven't been many head-scratcher throws either. He's trying to get things going.

Quay actually looked good today too. One of the few who seemed to know how to tackle and was all over the place.

This is going to be the season, unfortunately. The big question will be can ML keep these guys together and get them to believe? Because I'm not sure they do. They pay lip service, but this does not look like a team that believes in what it is doing or in the "system".

I know this sounds crazy but i feel like they are one competent veteran receiver away from being a hell of a lot more competitive than this. They never wanted Brandon Cooks for some reason. Didn’t go after Hopkins. Doesn’t have to be a super star but just one guy who can be reliable and steady things for the rest of that room. I get Love has the downfield accuracy stuff but holy hell there must’ve been at least 7 drops today. These guys simply don’t fight! Can’t win that way. Reed had a big catch ripped from his hands for an INT. Watson flat dropped one in the end zone. Other plays no effort on deep routes, no adjustment. Fight for the ball!

lafleur starting to sound like a broken record in his post game press conferences. "we gotta do better". "it starts with me". "we gotta execute".

View attachment 734
You want him to say what? I mean he's not going to throw folks under the bus, he's got the youngest on the cheap team in the league, it is what it is.

They've just gone into repeat mode. It looks pretty much the same every week. No offense in the first half, just so-so defense, special teams that make some plays and miss some plays, in other words consistently inconsistent.

O-line was a little better, but still can't run block.

The WR's need to be told that they call them 50-50 balls for a reason - you should come up with close to half of them, not one out of 10. They can't get open and can't hold onto enough passes in general.

Without the all-22 view it's hard to say how JLove is doing from a decision making point of view, but there seem to be too many questionable throws right into coverage. However, his inaccuracy can be seen either way.

Gute, ML, and JLove all need to share some blame for the sheer ineptitude of this offense right now.

Next week, the Rams can maybe be had, but after that it's a stretch of 4 tough games, at the Steelers, Chargers, at Lions, then Chiefs. If they don't find some answers on offense, they could easily be 2-10 or 3-9 after the next 5, and in contention for a top-5 pick by the end of the season. Much worse than I thought they'd be.

You want him to say what? I mean he's not going to throw folks under the bus, he's got the youngest on the cheap team in the league, it is what it is.
i don't know what i want him to say, but i do know i want him to get this offense all on the same page. if that's not his job, then he needs to make sure whoever does have that responsibility does it. how many times has he said "we need to get the ball in the hands of our best playmaker (jones)"? jones had 11 carries today.

when dan campbell took over the loins, that team was in worse shape than we are. but he's got them believing in themselves and playing over their heads. we've got a bunch of players just going through the motions, and unfortunately many of them are going through the wrong motions. we need better players, yes. but we also need coaches who can coach.

i don't know what i want him to say, but i do know i want him to get this offense all on the same page. if that's not his job, then he needs to make sure whoever does have that responsibility does it. how many times has he said "we need to get the ball in the hands of our best playmaker (jones)"? jones had 11 carries today.

when dan campbell took over the loins, that team was in worse shape than we are. but he's got them believing in themselves and playing over their heads. we've got a bunch of players just going through the motions, and unfortunately many of them are going through the wrong motions. we need better players, yes. but we also need coaches who can coach.
As to Campbell they also had multiple high-year draft picks and cap space.....so not apples to apples.

We went all in and sold the farm for a run....it failed and now it's time to pay the piper. Nothing anyone says or any super coaching is going to fix the ala cheap roster we have. Rodgers covered a lot of warts....Favre did at times. I think the Packer fan base has been spoiled for years by that but this is how it goes in the land of cap space when you gamble and lose.

Back