Post Game Thread : Packers Pound The Giants 31-13

Leon Hall made the decision to make an illegal hit - he decided (no one forced him, it wasn't unintentional) to drive the crown of his helmet into a defenseless player's ribs (Jordy was fully extended); therefore cheap and dirty. If the NFL is serious about eliminating some of the violence and preventing this "stuff" (serious injuries), it should have been flagged.

amen. i'm trying to figure out how to upload a couple screen grabs of what happened that clearly show that hall saw the ball bounce off jordy's chest and only then did he lower the crown of his helmet and charge into jordy's defenseless rib cage. no doubt in my mind this should have drawn a flag, and no doubt in my mind that hall should be heavily fined.

in the first picture the ball has already hit jordy in the chest and has started to bounce away. notice that hall's head is upright and facing jordy and the ball.

C0MGzrGIZF7vgYd57PtjHxVax0_K12Up9kT8vGpBi-BnrA6wPXhAwpKuJ15dEHsNPvq1uOj61FwH0L33A0DI2kpAgo6HFI9cxdg318kJ-8sd8J8xyRdTSXKQfuiNtwi-ryrBfye3qhwkpXT5iFIb7VsbSjbd0Fa2u27kVv-sanGyIz0GHMW-L3UmrcjAOq_BZNT1J35veyl6MwmJvT7nyj1AxojXbgF3VMq21VWolUbbMKuMlFVJWLVIuVqc9Zrd-txkHPWURzV0g5hPdUtg3CaFDhZ88hkhPz_VOHw78QPRsShAz0xk7W4O9DqGsen5X5NUuJlLaJeslHdW-qIUdX08TGVmxQ7lVdVUvM5cla_4RN5MAO2Ip-lJwILbbgb6fy1rG4OrTFt2QyV0ptBxekh-k5UrtDZ4EfW_hXhl_zEQwHJvm8RhyWTIHPc9ujriQoJSCrGhkEyx2qU-zn21pXFBdnUCu-9VziFYG3a3nCUsO06qdG88kACCCto0qORtr8TMXU5A_hZZwl__eSj9SInann2n3HT_UrbQ0H2PHxOyA9PosgKzwDo9oSU1NxwcYYUldnP8UwoMXW6GGjz8isx_U3uGCf3MxNTqY4AxiUtiBZdqo09L_MRFjT75jwrG03Q_S8j1pTGV6wfGOCleE60rfcbfLRrvKvHT9WDZmQ=w1005-h723-no

in picture 2, hall has lowered the crown of his helmet and charged into jordy's rib cage. all he really needed to do was to push jordy out of bounds (he was standing right on the sideline), and there would have been no way for him to make the catch.

BVopzn2gr8UDhNTaFuH2SwZJXR9ttELv6d8ixL1voBwn6ha8XaHkQCiYoyQviZcIhNY7Bx-4A8URvrDDmPCgtpzLosEVJlYvgqtKfcsJ4LIeKQm4Dzwec3T_1rBiGz3TwMVNDwzK9BPovmbvNwBFE9GqjbB25WG8inJhQQ1Dkv7_2zUCr2DCqLCTHFRCQTdbSs6heQVL15_Em7qBS2oxKuWJzySzGMfKmEOEq1AdVvZ1AmF_9bD9x6QZoNMGWFxedecgpFpC91eHfni3UxGBeqbt9aPSZoPzjLANOfsD9L1P0cYNGlyOLdqZ9TkI-DkOn9pQsgM4BDi3WHWKM5oEo0AumtymfTfJpVP87ZrNSVmEfwTVv_McOHkDDRVwnwSYpb2s5kNCuZRxFYam2tvt2SzPeJEd3I4gFh0uAAAXxFXSGlt5eHCv4zWg4n9ugtTQOqOk7EzBmJIJ7PVKv9nylSQro2SVbaNyNg07Y_B1rhZYN2_9ERNtgFpV65myzfvZXBhUc0ASZ7MpmvtwmXJocTiJ9F2v688wPwp5VOLExaN7aU4HEc6cTGKfXGNCnp778vyttCjeDegBwYAMz-c9V7qDiG6qcr6bqLqeKQDsalpetOjxyeSidnPTnKr3RqOfC0VNItr_A1v3R3_9UPIbxUARsOuKvTGL1P3ujkISNQ=w1291-h784-no

Last edited:
I hope I didn't imply a fracture is different from a break. Fracture is the clinical term for a break.

My point is the Packers organization downplays injuries. A bruised spleen seems realistic based on where he was hit. I doubt the collapsed lung too. What we do know for sure is at least two broken ribs.
Agreed oak. I would think that any of those injuries would make it hard for a next week return. Seems like the Packers offense stepped up in his absence which is a big positive. I think GB takes Dallas in a close one.

sick as a dog with stomach flu.. missed the whole game.. as usual I don't watch and they win.. you're welcome... :)

huge win to get that monkey off their back from the previous NYG playoff loss.. HUGE challenge next week at DAL.
DON'T WATCH THAT GAME EITHER!!! Shocked(

rofl(

MM is being nailed to the cross for the failed 4th down run - and rightfully so - but I thought overall he called a nice game, especially when they got rolling in the second half. Stayed pretty aggressive throughout, and most importantly players really executed.

MM is being nailed to the cross for the failed 4th down run - and rightfully so - but I thought overall he called a nice game, especially when they got rolling in the second half. Stayed pretty aggressive throughout, and most importantly players really executed.
I'm curious, who's nailing him to the cross? Send link please.

I agree that many think that it was a stupid call (myself included) and rightfully so. But, lest we forget, here's the thing ...

We all were getting tired of MM's conservative playoff play-calling we witnessed against Seattle in numerous instances and against Arizona kicking an extra point instead of going for two forcing OT. So which would you rather have? As much as I hated the call I give MM credit for going for it as opposed to past conservatism and prevent D. It was refreshing.

Also, MM admitted it wasn't the smartest call at the time saying, "As a playcaller, as a head coach you’re sick to yourself. You feel totally responsible for the decision and the execution of the play and so forth, and then give up the play on the second down. But there was still a lot of football left." And there was. It was nice watching the Packers keep the throttle down and winning 38-13. I even laughed when Randall opted to run out the football instead of taking a knee, remembering Burnett's fateful decision.

No, these guys weren't about conservative this time! And I for one was glad and hope it continues!

Oakleaf's point about conservative football was spot on. We've all tired of watching the McCarthy/Capers conservative game.

I can only guess how difficult it was for McCarthy to go for it on 4th down. It sent a message that the Packers were out there to win it, and nothing would stop them. The fact that they didn't make it was more because of the play itself, but what was established on those 3rd and 4th down runs was that the Packers were not afraid to run into the teeth of the Giants defense, so be prepared.

My first reaction was; "Why?" Then I realized the message he'd sent, and in all honesty, my wife and I looked at each other and both said; "It's all over but the shouting. We're going to win this one!"

Not only was a signal sent to the Giants, but one to our offense. He trusted them to make that play. He also sent a message to the defense. He said he trusted them to stop the Giants, on a short field.

Now, you can believe none of that came out of that series of plays, but in fact, it did. There is nothing stronger than the psychological part of the game of football.

If you played it, and your team was a winner, you know the psychological edge you can get over the opposition. As soon as you drop that hammer, it's all over for them. Ask the Giants.

I have no issue with MM going for it on 4th. That's the kind of moxie that can win you a playoff game. Doesn't always work. But it never works if you don't try.

Back