Post Game Thread : Packers hold off Lions 34-27

Same defense with those players got lit up by Sam Bradfords passing game the week before. Same defense with those players got lit up last season against several QB... not to mention Capers went heavy cover 2 and 3 with virtually no pressure after half.

I've been playing or coaching defense for 33 years and these Corners the last 2 yrs are playing as badly as any in that time span.. lazy ugly technique.

Joe Whitt seems to be beloved by GB media but his secondaries have been consistently plagued by miscommunications and poor technique, going back to 2011. He gets a free pass more than any GB coach in recent memory.

Joe Whitt seems to be beloved by GB media but his secondaries have been consistently plagued by miscommunications and poor technique, going back to 2011. He gets a free pass more than any GB coach in recent memory.

Very few critical media members out there. Most of the stuff written after the win is all fluff proclaiming GB's offense is back, how Rodgers fixed it, etc.

I'm not even talking about post-game, just when they cover Whitt during a PC or talk about him during podcasts or chats or anything they seem to speak very highly of him. I remember Bob Slowik being crucified for the secondary being poor, when outside of 2010 we've had the same issues under Whitt for 7 years, and that includes years with Collins Woodson and Williams.

thought this was a pretty good response from mike spofford (yeah, yeah, i know):

"The Packers had three possessions in the second half before they killed the final 3:34. First drive, four Lacy runs for 30 yards, then a first-down pass to Perillo for 13 to the Detroit 32, followed by Lacy for no gain. Then incomplete pass on second down, a holding call on a third-down pass/scramble, and another pass/scramble on the replayed third down, leading to a field goal. Next drive, Lacy plows for four yards, then 14 to move the chains, then two more. Pass on second-and-8 is a zero-yard sack. Pass on third down to Cobb is broken up over the middle. Punt. Third drive, a first-down pass to wide-open Davis beyond the marker is dropped, a run gets stuffed, and a third-and-11 checkdown comes up two yards short. Punt. The penalty and dropped pass were significant. There are four called passes in those sequences on first or second down, plus every third down was a pass play. If that’s going conservative with a multi-score lead, then I can’t help you. Results do not define intent."

Capers calls the D but Whitt is supposed to be teaching them technique and making and breaking habits. So not to cop out but it's both.
Just last year Witt was lauded for his work with Randall and Rollins.
Sophomore slumps?

Just last year Witt was lauded for his work with Randall and Rollins.
Sophomore slumps?

i think that's probably the case. i think both guys exceeded expectations last year. damarious was primarily a safety in college and rollins was primarily a basketball player with only one season of college football.

Back