Post Game Thread : Green Bay Shuts Out Buffalo 22-0

Green Bay DID offer Cook a contract. His agent turned it down and they ended up signing for less in Oakland.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...offer-jared-cook-more-than-martellus-bennett/

Technically HE didn't turn it down, but his agent did!

I had to chuckle when I read that article you posted. About how the Packers thought Bennett was much better. We actually shared the same doctor. I won't take it further than that, except to say the doctor thought it was strange the Packers signed him in the first place. When I asked him why, his comment was; "It won't take long. Everyone will see it was a mistake."

Apparently what Packer fans and the GB front office didn't know was that the guy had some serious flaws in his own persona that would end up as part of his play, and turn his stay in GB into a fiasco.

When I went back to my doctor about a month and a half ago, he asked; "Now do you know what I meant about Bennett?"

That was all the conversation there was about him, but the guy was right about him from the start. With all the resources the Packers had, why did they even think the guy was the right fit, and not discover he was a head case?

Back