Post game thread: Green Bay Knocks off Detroit 29-22 on Thanksgiving

It's slowing down for him now.... by this time next year, those little overthrows etc will be ironed out. All the pundits saw the arm and the athletic ability now and get why they went with him. Will he be a 10-year all-pro? Probably not, but he's got all the tools to be a top-15 starter for years and you can build around him.

If it was up to me I would beef up his OL and get a stud RB..... then add the pieces on defense to be lights out. Oh and add 1 vet sure hands WR so he has an outlet. tc(
Guys who might fill a solid number 2 role at WR in FA and won't break the bank. Tyler Boyd and Gabe Davis.

We need a Calvin Johnson type WR. He was like 6-5, and weighed in around 240#. Built like a TE, ran precise routes, and had enough speed that he was dangerous downfield. He had hands like two bear claws, and when you thought there was a 50/50 ball up there, it wasn't. It was a 95/5. Calvin was going to snag it.

If someone like that is out there in the first couple of rounds, you just gotta go get him. But, guys like that go very early.

I think the best catch in this upcoming draft is Harrison, Jr. Tall enough, 6-3 or 4? But I'd bet they'd be lying if they said he tipped the scales past 200#. Good hands, and going to be a good one, but what we need is that possession guy like Calvin.

The only one I see out there with the size would be Johnny Wilson out of Fla State. But, does he have the tools to be that #1 who constantly draws double coverage and wins? I think it would be a reach.

We need a Calvin Johnson type WR. He was like 6-5, and weighed in around 240#. Built like a TE, ran precise routes, and had enough speed that he was dangerous downfield. He had hands like two bear claws, and when you thought there was a 50/50 ball up there, it wasn't. It was a 95/5. Calvin was going to snag it.

If someone like that is out there in the first couple of rounds, you just gotta go get him. But, guys like that go very early.

I think the best catch in this upcoming draft is Harrison, Jr. Tall enough, 6-3 or 4? But I'd bet they'd be lying if they said he tipped the scales past 200#. Good hands, and going to be a good one, but what we need is that possession guy like Calvin.

The only one I see out there with the size would be Johnny Wilson out of Fla State. But, does he have the tools to be that #1 who constantly draws double coverage and wins? I think it would be a reach.
At this point I think GB is going to be like last year middle of 1st round. Your top 3-4 OT's will be off the board. At that point a OT might not be the best pick to take. If that's the case does GB consider a CB or WR?

At this point I think GB is going to be like last year middle of 1st round. Your top 3-4 OT's will be off the board. At that point a OT might not be the best pick to take. If that's the case does GB consider a CB or WR?
I think they go OT if possible. It would be nice getting Alt. Ain't gonna happen. Fashanu? Probably gone. Most of the really solid tackles going this season are actually experienced on the right side. Getting someone who's already proven on the left is going to be tough.

Mark might be able to tell us if Mims, has the footwork where he could convert to the left side. I haven't seen him, and quite honestly, he may well be available when we pick in round 2. It's a reach that he'd be there, but from what I was told by someone who watched him play, he's strong.

Bryan Bulaga Cooper DeJean, Iowa

I think they go OT if possible. It would be nice getting Alt. Ain't gonna happen. Fashanu? Probably gone. Most of the really solid tackles going this season are actually experienced on the right side. Getting someone who's already proven on the left is going to be tough.

Mark might be able to tell us if Mims, has the footwork where he could convert to the left side. I haven't seen him, and quite honestly, he may well be available when we pick in round 2. It's a reach that he'd be there, but from what I was told by someone who watched him play, he's strong.
More of a RT in the pros...however lets see him play these next 2 games, need to see how he moves after injury. Is he worth a #1 ? Yes, but you could trade down and get some draft capital to do it.

@pff Grades Vs. DET
Defense

1. Rashan Gary: 91.9 (Elite)
2. Karl Brooks: 91.5 (Elite)
3. Jonathan Owens: 71.3 (Above Avg)
4. Kenny Clark: 71.1 (Above Avg)
5. Kingsley Enagbare: 70.0 (Above Avg)

Total pressures Vs. DET
@PFF
Kenny Clark: 8
Karl Brooks: 5
Preston Smith: 4
Rashan Gary: 4
LVN: 2
Quay Walker: 2
Devonte Wyatt: 2
TJ Slaton: 1

@pff grades Vs. DET

Offense

1. Malik Heath: 94.5 (Elite)
2. Christian Watson: 87.7 (High Quality/Elite)
3. Jordan Love: 86.6 (High Quality/Elite)
4. Jayden Reed: 73.9 (Above Avg)
5. Yosh Nijman: 70.0 (Above Avg)

Back