Post Game Thread..... Green Bay Holds On And Beats Dallas

Though pointed out today was a lot of inside zone that was really working for GB. They had been doing a ton of the outside zone earlier in season so maybe ML game plan is evloving.

wow what a game to make the blood pressure rise. big win in a game many here thought we should have stayed home. Some should be eating crow this week bc sorry to say some real downers this week.

the good

road win against a good team
A Jones is a stud. been saying that for a long time
Jenkins played a hell of a game. Had a few rookie bumps but this kid will be a monster.
D forcing turnovers and getting pressure. its damn fun watching the D again.
AR all about getting that W

The bad
still haven't played a whole game and almost gave it away.
D got gassed again and that's on both sides
ST is still really bad.
more injuries

Ugly

the NFL makes games hard to watch. damn all these stoppages and flags. shm
some really tick tack calls and that goes both ways
after coming out strong the pack almost blew this. shades of seahawks game

Take
this team hasn't played its best ball yet. I will say they fight as one and that's something that MM teams the last few years didn't do. This is a new era and this could be the making of a special group the next few years. Just stay healthy and 1 game at a time. the last SB team didn't win with style points, they grinded each week.

Aaron Jones leads NFL right now as non-QB player with 8 TDs on the season. Also on pace to become first GB RB to get 1K yards since Eddie Lacy

Aaron Jones had more than 30 friends and family in the crowd for his four-touchdown day in Dallas. After one of his scores, he threw the ball to his brother, Alvin, the former Baltimore Ravens linebacker. "I could see my brother right there," Aaron said. "I threw him one of the balls when I scored, so that was pretty cool."

Rodgers has only had one game this year were he has had more then 250 yards passing and only one game were he had about a 100 QB rating Todays game was his worst of season at 85.2

For a guy you are paying $30 million a year to you demand more then this. This is something you expect from Captain Check down aka Kirk Cousins to do

Without his best player on offense available to him, ML came up with a game plan that utilized the players he had and Rodgers executed it to the tune of 34 pts on the road. Don’t be stuck in 2011, that right there is a win homie, straight up.

AR still has the ability to take over a game. He proved that against the Eagles. Having said that, this O is better when we run the ball. I would not say AR is a waste of 30M at this point. Let's see how the season plays out.

What other QB would you want besides Brady and Mahomes?

With less than 4:30 left in the third quarter, Aaron Rodgers looked over to his right, where the Packers’ trips right set was lined up on first-and-goal. Jake Kumerow stood closest of his three receivers on that side to the boundary, and the quarterback gave him a look, seeing Dallas cornerback Chidobe Awuzie nine yards off the ball.

On the broadcast, when a FOX camera pulled tight on his head, the only thing noticeable during this time was Rodgers’s eyes glancing right. Otherwise, there really was nothing there. You wouldn’t know that Rodgers was changing the play sent in by first-year coach Matt LaFleur—a called screen set to the left for running back Aaron Jones. But that’s exactly what the quarterback was doing, with his unspoken communication with Kumerow.

Sure enough, Rodgers took the snap, two steps, planted on his right foot, and spun the ball to the sideline, hitting Kumerow hard by the one-yard line to exploit the soft coverage.

“The guy was playing way off and he took the gimme completion,” LaFleur says later in the night, as the team headed for the airport. “That's what I love about [Rodgers]—he sees gimmes out there and he takes them.”
LaFleur didn’t like that Rodgers changed the play—he loved it.

All spring and summer, we wondered about LaFleur and Rodgers—would the new coach have an issue with Rodgers changing plays on him? Would there be a struggle over control of the Packers offense, like there had been, to some degree, over the half-decade prior? Would Rodgers, a signal-caller used to operating with autonomy, be the same guy in an offense that’s built to take the mental burden off the quarterback?

All of those questions were fair before the season started. Five weeks in, with the Packers racing out of the gate at 4-1, getting a big win over the Cowboys under their belt and the offense improving by the week, the questions are melting away quickly.

“It is what it is,” LaFleur says, matter-of-factly. “We trust him to get us in and out of good plays and if he sees something then you know he's got the green light to do whatever he thinks is right to get us to the right play.”
If the results are any indication, he and LaFleur collectively got the Packers in the right plays plenty on Sunday afternoon at AT&T Stadium.

Rodgers left Texas with an efficient 238-yard effort on 22-of-34 passing. More importantly, the Packers left with a 34-24 win over the Cowboys that, again, hinted at potential still untapped for this to wind up being one of Rodgers’s best shots at returning to a stage he’s only visited once – nine years ago, in the same stadium he played in Sunday.

Two things really came together to create the balanced offense that ran off 24 straight points to start Sunday’s game in Dallas. And the first, without question has been the emergence of the run game, behind the legs of bellcow tailback Aaron Jones.
Be it Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan or any of the others from the coaching tree of which LaFleur is a part, one key foundational point you’ll always hear is the need to “marry the run game to the pass game.” The whole idea of the offense is to run different plays out of the same looks, allowing the offense to play fast and making the defense question what it’s looking at.

Of course, that doesn’t work if the run game’s not working, and the run game in Green Bay under LaFleur’s been a work in progress. The Packers were held to fewer than 100 yards on the grounds three times in the first four weeks of this season. And the coach says now that a part of that is, “it’s just taking time to get those repetitions” to get the concepts down, between he linemen and backs. So Jones ripping off 107 rushing yards is significant, and even more so because of who it came against.

Matt LaFleur and Aaron Rodgers

Take out the Eagles game Rodgers is giving you about 220 yards and 1 TD a game. If he could give on average 300-320 and 2 TDs a game I would be over the moon on that then.

Take out the Eagles game Rodgers is giving you about 220 yards and 1 TD a game. If he could give on average 300-320 and 2 TDs a game I would be over the moon on that then.

Who cares???? If he does 175 a game and they rush for 300 and win why the hell does it matter?? At the end of the day stats mean nothing. All about the W.

Back