Post Game Thread : GB Defeats Oakland 30-20

Another thing to throw out there.. Adams and Janis looked awful. Dropping passes, letting passes go through their hands, bad routes, lazy, Janis just sat there with popcorn and watched that last Arod INT....

So back to a question I've asked before. What's the issue? Injuries can't explain it all.. You have 2 second year WR's both who look like PS candidates at best... Do the WR coaches suck something fierce and haven't got these guys to develop? Do they need to be fired and new blood brought in? This is week 15. The playoffs are almost here, and these two WR's looked like they would be lucky to land on PS.. Janis does have value as a return guy though.

Probably has a lot to do with Arod praising Abbey in his presser and saying he needs to be involved...

We now have a major need at WR for the draft/offseason...

Was there a change at WR coach from last year to this year?

Adams has regressed. Second year tells you if they can play in the NFL or not. Anyone can be good the 1st year because defenses do not know about you yet but then they adjust. It tells you Adams is not a #1 WR. Without Jordy, he is average or below.

Personally, I think we need to draft and pick up a free agent WR. That will really help this offense. Also, draft a TE that can stretch the field.

This is the thing about Abbey, Cobb, and Montgomery in my opinion. They are all possession WR's that are good in space. (Abbey more of a possession WR) We need to use them like that. At least MM is trying to get Cobb the ball more and get him in space. We need to draft a deep threat WR besides Jordy next year, IMO.

I hope we can put to rest the narrative that the Packers are too conservative with a lead late in the game. They were aggressive to the point of stupidity.

The Packers seem to have 2 issues on offense. The lack of a deep threat (or really anybody that can get separation), and the inability to convert on short yardage. I'm not sure either is fixable, unfortunately. Adams appears to be a bust. Montgomery might be able to help us, but he can't get on the field. Cobb needs somebody on the other side. Maybe Abby is the answer. Janis certainly isn't (but is really shining on special teams).

And it certainly seems like Rodgers is upset about something, probably the play calling switch. If so, he needs to get over that. I know he loves Clements, but they weren't getting it done. At least they're getting to the redzone now, if not converting enough into TDs.

Still, a very important win. We can lose to Arizona and still win the division in week 17 regardless of what MN does next week.

I just kept thinking about what Aaron said about it not being the Playcaller. It's about execution. It's hard to get excited. Sorry but this team is not going anywhere in the playoffs. The offense is a mess. The defense kept us in that game. Lacy looked terrible again. So much for being rejuvenated.

I hope there are some coaching changes after the season is over. It's not just the receivers either. Aaron is not playing up to his usual standards.

If they win next week it will be a shock to me.

Starks, Kuhn, Cobb, Jones and Kuhn seem to be the only ones with their heads not up you know where.bh(

Not sure what to think about this team right now. The defense and special teams? Very few complaints. Our rookies in the secondary got gashed today a bit, which is to be expected. Not gonna harp on them too much. This has been our best special teams coverage unit, in years. I can't even remember the last time, they were this good. Probably in the mid-late 90's? I'm generally not the negative type at all, but in today's game ... if not for two horrible Carr throws early, this could have gone either way. Also, I can't believe that McCarthy won that challenge. Jones absolutely did NOT catch that ball on the sideline. Sure, if I'm gonna be a biased fan, I take it, but that was bad. No way around it.

That all said, we clinched a playoff spot, and that's nice. Hard to believe, in this team's 90+ year history, this is the longest streak of consecutive seasons with a playoff berth. That's saying something. I don't take it for granted. But, until the offense can resemble some sense of consistent pass/run balance with playmakers who can move the chains throughout a game, I'm skeptical about how they're gonna look, come playoff time.

Not sure what to think about this team right now. The defense and special teams? Very few complaints. Our rookies in the secondary got gashed today a bit, which is to be expected. Not gonna harp on them too much. This has been our best special teams coverage unit, in years. I can't even remember the last time, they were this good. Probably in the mid-late 90's? I'm generally not the negative type at all, but in today's game ... if not for two horrible Carr throws early, this could have gone either way. Also, I can't believe that McCarthy won that challenge. Jones absolutely did NOT catch that ball on the sideline. Sure, if I'm gonna be a biased fan, I take it, but that was bad. No way around it.

That all said, we clinched a playoff spot, and that's nice. Hard to believe, in this team's 90+ year history, this is the longest streak of consecutive seasons with a playoff berth. That's saying something. I don't take it for granted. But, until the offense can resemble some sense of consistent pass/run balance with playmakers who can move the chains throughout a game, I'm skeptical about how they're gonna look, come playoff time.

How didnt Jones catch that? He had it in his hands, both knees touched down inbounds and he maintained possession when he went all the way to the ground out of bounds. Not sure what you saw that would make you think it was a bad call and it was not a catch on that one. I thought it was a slam dunk it would be called a catch.

I agree with Scoremore12 on the Jones catch. That ball never moved once in his hands and he had a knee down inbounds with the ball in his hands.

Back