Post Game Thread : Arizona Defeats Green Bay 38-8

My biggest beef this season: not making adjustments.

The current players do not fit the style of play calling. Either change the plays or change the personnel or do both!

But to sit in status quo when the entire world can tell the offense is a mess is ridiculous.

For example I was happy they ran a screen play. But to Richard Rodgers!?!?!?

The WR had their blocks done well. But Richard **** Rodgers is taken down by some slow **** before he can even get to the second level. Why the **** is it Richard! ?!?!?

Play call works but how about cobb or abby or even Goddamn Quarless. But the slowest **** in the field???

And your surprised he's tackled before the play develops?????

Again a wr toss to the edge to JJ. Cobb is **** little. And the defender plows through cobb and tackles JJ for nothing.

Why is our slowest wr getting that catch and our tiniest skill player attempting that block!?!?

I like the play call stretch the edge but wtf the wrong personnel is running that play!!

You take a time out on 3rd and 2. And after all that discussion the play u come up with his slow **** dick Rodgers crossing and unable to get separation and the defender knocks it down.

Why!?!??!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!!?!?!?!

Why do u expect duck Rodgers to make that play????

I'm happy to see a short crossing route but why to a player who #1 won't get separation. #2 probably will never gain any yac so might even get tackled without getting 2 yards.

Why!?!?

I don't understand the play calling. I don't understand. Do they not realize those plays have very little chance? They put under performing players in a position to fail not succeed. All 11 players have to do their job 100% perfect or the play is a bust. There is 0 margin for error

“This was a playoff-style game for us and we obviously played terrible,” Rodgers said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “But we’ve won a lot of games here. When you play long enough you’re going to be on the wrong side of this sometimes. But I have confidence in those guys and myself that when it matters for all of the marbles we’re going to show up.”

o_O so you didn't take this game seriously? it only counts when it's for all the marbles? Champions don't have an on and off switch. The switch is always on.

I really think there is a bigger rift between Arod and MM than we guess at.
Packfan35- I totally agree on the play calling fiasco. MM keeps calling down field passes (because that's what we USED to be) when our OL can hardly get in the way of their DL.

Seriously, our biggest obstacle right now is MM's ego\stubborness.
example: When the Pats suffer injuries they call plays that fit the personnel they have on the field. When GB suffer injuries they call plays like nothing has changed and then blame it on execution, because THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SCHEME! If MM is tired of the 'negativity' before this week I can't wait to see his answers coming up. We, the board, will dissect and criticize individual players, but the team is complacent and stagnant- reflecting their coaching. IMO.

You have to throw Arod in with that stubbornness though.

Example: goal line play calling no TD. 4 passes.. At least one of those was supposed to be a run that Arod checked out of and result was Adams dropping yet another pass. That's when Lang started jawing at Arod about it. The talk of needing to run it 30 times a game I think is also a dig at the WR (credit 44Blitz for that observation). Why would you trust this WR group so much?

Absolutely ZERO reason to trust Adams in any situation right now, much less when you need a TD. Lacy had a 5.0 YPC and was bulldozing guys.

Rift may be deeper than we suspect. As in not just Arod/MM.. But Arod/OL as well.

It is not just one thing that is wrong here. You are all correct in one way or another.

1) WR's are lazy, slow, and cannot get separation
2) Jordy is hurt and has really made the offense struggle
3) No WR position coaches. This has really hurt the young WR's, IMO. I think it has been mentioned before.
4) No leadership in the locker room
5) No Coaching adjustments
6) Head Coach and QB are not on the same page
7) Head Coaches message has become stale
8) Injured Offensive Line (And they are not that good)
9) AR having a bad season (Inaccurate and being hit a lot)
10) Lacy has regressed (He is unmotivated, has breathing issues, and has depression problems. Not good)

All of these are factors on why this team will not go anywhere at this point. We have all said it before, MM and TT need to go. It is time for a change. Unfortunately, the team is making money and Board is fine with that. We are in for a crappy 3 or 4 years, IMO.

I am hoping for a Packer loss to the Vikings next week (I know that is bad to say) because maybe the Board and Murphy will see that there needs to be some changes made.

The problems are way beyond anything that can be fixed with better play calling or "adjustments", IMO. Unfortunately there's no way to make pedestrian weapons into anything more than that. Even Brady struggles when Gronk and Edelman are out. Add to that 2 turnstiles at tackle and banged up guards as well, and there's just no chance.

We'll see what the offseason brings. This season is a wash, but I don't see any reason they can't bounce back if everyone keeps things in perspective and Rodgers doesn't go complete diva on us. A healthy Jordy, offensive line, and maybe one more weapon with some speed could make all the difference. And some help at ILB on defense. This is still pretty much the same team that was any one of 9 botched plays from being in the SB last year.

I think part of the problem is that a team which was mentally weak to begin with,lost a game (2014 NFC Championship) in such a fashion that it would shake the mental toughness of a team that was mentally tough.

We talk about 40 times and Jordy Nelson all day,but no one can convince me there isn't something going on internally with this team.

And what ever it is,I think stems from losing that game in the way in which they lost it.I don't think a loss like that is one you get over in year if ever.

I think part of the problem is that a team which was mentally weak to begin with,lost a game (2014 NFC Championship) in such a fashion that it would shake the mental toughness of a team that was mentally tough.

We talk about 40 times and Jordy Nelson all day,but no one can convince me there isn't something going on internally with this team.

And what ever it is,I think stems from losing that game in the way in which they lost it.I don't think a loss like that is one you get over in year if ever.

There may be something to there being a hangover from the NFCC game, and I'm certainly worried about the Rodgers/McCarthy relationship. And there's been more than one former Packers WR imply that Rodgers is difficult to work with.

But most of it is a lack of healthy talent on offense. Every single player on that offensive line has been on the injury report this year and you can't win with the 2 guys they had out there at tackle last week unless you have some trump cards on offense. You need at least one big weapon, whether it be an Adrian Peterson, Gronk, Jordy, Julie Jones. Somebody...anybody...that you have to gameplan for.

I don't think they're mentally weak at all. At least not collectively. Certainly players might be *cough*davanteadams*cough*, but the offensive line has been playing through injury and Rodgers has taken brutal hit after brutal hit (and never takes the Manning dive). They're battling. They just don't have the horses.

Back