Post Game: Saints Defeat Green Bay 26-17

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
I was wrong about this one. GB coaching staff didn't help today and Hundley has a ways to go.

Still lots of season left but GB can not afford to lose the next 2 games and have 3 NFC North loss's. Today's loss also screw us in future tie breakers. Bye week ahead

What we saw was today was a team from top to bottom who relied on Arod to bail them out.

Outside of Jones at RB who stepped up to help Hundley? What veteran stood up and said "we have to make the difference"? Especially on offense?

Arods injury once again brings to the forefront the stunning lack of overall leadership on this team.

I shouldn't but I'm giving another game to say much of anything. The defense is awful but there was something about this whole game that was just odd.

I need to see what happens when Hundley takes some shots. He had a few nice throws. I don't know. Maybe the play calling wasn't there. I just didn't see enough to say he stinks. I didn't see anything at all, that's the issue.

The stat line for the receivers is just bizarre. Hundley can't possibly be THAT bad. Our receivers weren't even thrown to.

Defense got gassed after all the 3 and outs.

We've been hearing for 2 or 3 years from the team that Hundley has "it. The green bay reporters, which are just the propaganda wing of the organization keep telling us the same thing
yet we haven't seen it, because he just plays in the preseason.

Now we've gotten to see MM protege take over. last week it wasn't pretty. mike says it was because they weren't prepared for him to play but we were told that after a full week of preparation, he would be ready
he was nowhere near ready ?

Have we had smoke blown up our asses all this time? was it just the team and their band of reporters trying to increase his trade value? The defense is the same old Capers flash a few times but fold in the second half garbage.

MM play calling in the 2nd half

24iuidK.gif

The team looks a hell of lot better than it did the last time we were without Rodgers for any period of time! If we end up not making the playoffs that isn't the worst thing that can happen. McCoach and Ted won't be tempted to bring Aaron back too soon and allow him to heal and will be able to draft higher than we've had in years. Bring back Rodgers at 100% and infuse the roster with more impact players = come back with a vengeance in 2018.

We've been hearing for 2 or 3 years from the team that Hundley has "it. The green bay reporters, which are just the propaganda wing of the organization keep telling us the same thing
yet we haven't seen it, because he just plays in the preseason.

Now we've gotten to see MM protege take over. last week it wasn't pretty. mike says it was because they weren't prepared for him to play but we were told that after a full week of preparation, he would be ready
he was nowhere near ready ?

Have we had smoke blown up our asses all this time? was it just the team and their band of reporters trying to increase his trade value? The defense is the same old Capers flash a few times but fold in the second half garbage.

Hundley threw for 3 first downs.
Completed fewer than 50% of his passes.
Had a QB rating of 39.9
The Packers had 65 yards of total offense in the second half.
This is his 3rd year.

Also, against a bad defense in NO.

LOL at disagreeing, I'm citing stats. They're facts.

Last edited:
Defense got gassed after all the 3 and outs.

And because of all the 3rd downs they let the other team convert. This defense has had a hard time, all season, at getting off the field on 3rd down. This game showed us where Hundley is in his development. It's not going to be pretty from here on out. We'll see how Brett looks after the bye but it's gonna be a long rest of the season. It'll also be interesting to see if the losses mount on the locker room chemistry and if we'll see any disruptions because of it.

Last edited:
2013 Scott Tolzein
717 yards 1 TD and 5 INTs 66.8 QB rating

2017 Brett Hundley
254 yards 1 TD and 4 INTs 40 QB rating

We will see in two weeks about Hundley but these stats do not look good. Especially, when he had a great running game today and still threw for only 87 yards, no TDs, and an INT. What happens when good defenses take away the run?

Back