Post Game Saints 38 Green Bay 3

Depends on perspective. Bak, Rodgers are top talent so is Adams. The rest on offense is good but not going to see Canton. On defense you have Clark, Alexander and Z Smith but the rest is next tier

It’s today’s NFL your going to have holes, that’s the cap. But the issue in GB is the drop off is more pronounced than KC or Tampa. Parity
Issue in GB is crapy scouting dept that has never replaced talent it lost a decade ago. Draft starts with how good your scouts are and GB's IMO are some of the worst among the 32 teams.

Issue in GB is crapy scouting dept that has never replaced talent it lost a decade ago. Draft starts with how good your scouts are and GB's IMO are some of the worst among the 32 teams.
It’s part of the problem but I can count on one hand what organizations reloaded over the past 2-3 years. The other issue is cap space and the inability to find fits there. Pro and college scouting take equal blame

"I don't like to make a lot of excuses for interceptions," Rodgers said just before making one. "...That [first interception] was entirely due to the double nut shot I took."

"I don't like to make a lot of excuses for interceptions," Rodgers said just before making one. "...That [first interception] was entirely due to the double nut shot I took."

Here's the only excuse I want to hear from Rodgers: "I pissed away the whole off-season being petty and didn't come in ready to play and that's why I was worse than my backup on Sunday."

All I am reading from the press and homer blogs is excuse after excuse, yup it's one game no doubt but if we see any kind of pattern here those goons are fair game in my book.
There's no excuse for what happened. They didn't lose a game. They didn't show up to play a game. If any of us showed up for work, and performed as badly as they did, from coaches on through the roster, we'd be looking for jobs. For Rodgers showing up and playing so badly, imagine any boss that would think it's fair to hand a guy a check for $2.5 million to go out, and stink up the field like that?

I'm not going to buy into any excuses. Losing can happen. But not being prepared to play a game is totally unacceptable.

"It's only one game?" Seriously? I think that statement alone is indicative of a problem in accepting responsibility, admitting they had failed miserably. The "correct response is; "We screwed up. We promise it won't happen again!"

As for the "grades" issued. I don't think anyone gets a pass. Even our punter's inconsistency is a little scary. When your punts don't travel roughly the same distance consistently, your coverage will fail. I like 55-60 yard punts, but if they get a 25 yard return, and darned near go all the way, it's just a 35 yard punt that nearly ended up in six for the receiving team.

Not one phase of the game deserves a "C." The only one that did their jobs was the long snapper, holder, and Crosby, when he kicked the FG. Even that was darned near blocked, because the line was caving almost as fast as the ball got back to the holder.

All I am reading from the press and homer blogs is excuse after excuse, yup it's one game no doubt but if we see any kind of pattern here those goons are fair game in my book.
38-3 was unacceptable and there is no debate on that. When you get boat raced like that it’s not on one player or one side of the ball, it’s an organizational failure. That’s the half glass empty. The half glass full is that it’s one game out of 17.
The thing is when it’s week 1 everything is amplified, if this happens in week 5 or 6 or later maybe it’s not as much as an overreaction. Remember NOLA beat Tampa last year 38-3.
Trends matter to me more than one week. A lot of factors played into this. If the Detroit game is close then my red flag goes up

38-3 was unacceptable and there is no debate on that. When you get boat raced like that it’s not on one player or one side of the ball, it’s an organizational failure. That’s the half glass empty. The half glass full is that it’s one game out of 17.
The thing is when it’s week 1 everything is amplified, if this happens in week 5 or 6 or later maybe it’s not as much as an overreaction. Remember NOLA beat Tampa last year 38-3.
Trends matter to me more than one week. A lot of factors played into this. If the Detroit game is close then my red flag goes up
I think we saw a lot of this real team. Unless Rodgers plays like MR MVP again he won't cover a lot of the stink this team has. The defense IMO went backwards from last year and also the OL went backwards. We have the same below average WR outside of 17. I am thinking this team looks more like the week 1 team we saw.

I think we saw a lot of this real team. Unless Rodgers plays like MR MVP again he won't cover a lot of the stink this team has. The defense IMO went backwards from last year and also the OL went backwards. We have the same below average WR outside of 17. I am thinking this team looks more like the week 1 team we saw.
I was looking at Rodgers numbers the last 10 years and clearly 2020 was an aberration so I don’t think he has to replicate that. I don’t think this is as bad as Sunday by a long shot but won’t be as dominant as 2020 especially on offense. Realistically that’s why I was at 11-6 if they stayed relatively healthy.

Back