Post Game: Packers Nip Lions 23-20

Photo of my cat was too large for upload lol. hgh)

Any word on injuries? Bulaga, Linsley, Lazard?

I thought the backups held up well. Veldheers? What's that guy's name? Hasn't been around long, but he definitely held up. Kumerow needs to take that ball away though.

Thought it was interesting they went to Patrick at C instead of Jenkins.

We did not deserve to win this game. Lucky is the word but we take the W. As GPB said, we need to play better to win in the playoffs. AR needs to play better and be more accurate and I think he knows it. He may be putting more pressure on himself to be perfectly accurate and he doesn't. Just a little bit better.

Packers have always seemed to do best in passing game when going to old west coast offense of short 5-10 yard passes let the player catching the pass do the work afterwards. Seems the offense goes south quick when Rodgers tries to be hero taking those long pass chances of 20+ yards. Is this play calling or Rodgers trying to be hero trying to get the big gain instead of taking the short passes

Packers have always seemed to do best in passing game when going to old west coast offense of short 5-10 yard passes let the player catching the pass do the work afterwards. Seems the offense goes south quick when Rodgers tries to be hero taking those long pass chances of 20+ yards. Is this play calling or Rodgers trying to be hero trying to get the big gain instead of taking the short passes

Aaron wants to get in 11 personnel and go go go. Thats his comfort zone. We don’t have the players to run it. Jones and Adams, yes. No one else. Jace can develop there but he’s not there. I don’t think ML is a dummy, he sees it too. He’s trying to get big plays going off of movement and play action but guess what? It’s the same set of issues. No opposing DB has an “oh shit” moment when they freeze for a second on the run action and some twitchy WR or TE blows by them. He’s got the same cast of characters as MM had last year and he’s arguably done more with them but it’s still not enough to do anything great or consistent.

IMO we need a number 2 WR and a legit slot WR, then you’ll see some consistency. Year 1 of an offensive rebuild, just keep that in mind.

Packers were a impressive 5-1 after bye week I don't think most of us thought team could go 5-1 after bye

Back