Post Game Packers Defeat Bungles in OT

“I literally asked him,” LaFleur said. “I walked over (to him). He was at the kicking net (and) he was coming back toward the field. I said, ‘Hey, what do you think?’ He’s like, ‘I got this.’ And so I was like, ‘Alright, you got it. Go do it.'”

“If I would have felt anything, we would have gone for it, but there was never a doubt in his mind,” LaFleur said. “I trust him. He’s been doing it for a really long time at a really high level. He’s made a lot of clutch kicks for us. And it’s just part of the story. What a great team win.”

Yeah, it was not a dominant performance by the OL by any stretch but they were legit missing 3 of their top 4 O-lineman and they still functioned and won against a stout Cincy defense. You saw the shortcomings there really come up in the red zone and it hurt GB, but overall that's something to be proud of.

I think they also miss MVS out there too, which is a little surprising. He gives them a physical threat that just doesn't exist otherwise with that O. Feels like a team that needs to hang around for a couple weeks and then we'll see what the team looks like at the end of November/early December.
Great points. Just being able to overcome the O line injuries is impressive. As others have said, win ugly, win pretty, both are wins. It's a long season and hopefully all the pieces will come together at the right time.

Before today, Green Bay hadn’t won a game in Cincinnati in 23 years.

Was in attendance for the 05 and 13 games. Both close ones too. Tough place to play for the Pack. Get a win on the road and on to the next week!

Was in attendance for the 05 and 13 games. Both close ones too. Tough place to play for the Pack. Get a win on the road and on to the next week!

2005 was that cursed final year under Sherman when everyone was hurt. 2013 was strange, GB went up 30-14 in the third quarter and the Bengals scored 4 straight TDs to win. Never seems to be easy there.

2005 was that cursed final year under Sherman when everyone was hurt. 2013 was strange, GB went up 30-14 in the third quarter and the Bengals scored 4 straight TDs to win. Never seems to be easy there.
The '13 game is where we lost Jonathan Franklin for good. Looked awesome in that game until he fumbled late. Got hurt, turned out to have a neck issue. Retired, became a scout.

The '13 game is where we lost Jonathan Franklin for good. Looked awesome in that game until he fumbled late. Got hurt, turned out to have a neck issue. Retired, became a scout.
That’s right! Can’t believe that was 8 years ago

Remember he wanted to become mayor of LA

2005, Favre had some fan come out of the stands and snatch the ball from him. Tossed about 5 or 6 picks. There was one play, either at the end of half, or game, where Favre was drilled, laying on the turf, and no Packers player went to help him up. A Bengals player finally did. Was a very whacky game

2013, as you described, was a heartbreaker.

Back