Post Game: Packers Defeat Broncos Move To 3-0

RE: Rodgers I don't think he magically will come out one week and just be 2011 Rodgers, I don't think he will ever be that player again. From 2012-2014 he elevated the play of guys around him tremendously, he made guys like Andrew Quarless and Jarrett Boykin look like competent players.

Those days are gone, we have a different QB now, but he's still great in a different way and I think this offense will hum when all 11 are getting it done. I think there were and will continue to be some growing pains and some miscommunications, especially playing 3 very good defenses, but if this team doesn't reach the ultimate goal I don't think it will be because Rodgers wasn't good enough or not as great as in the past.

We forget that our SB year was maybe like his 7th or 8th best season (statistically) as a pro with double digit INTs, but he had a lot of talent around him that stepped up in critical times. He's getting zero help from people not named Adams or MVS right now. tc(

I have a hard time believing that. I get his skill set is not the same but as a DC you really want to stop Jones before Adams / Rodgers? Roll coverage to 17 and if they want to run fine but we don’t have Zeke in the backfield. We are a long way from pick your poison
If you know that you can double team Adams and none of the other GB WRs have the skill to beat you why not focus on the run? If the WR can't get open Rodgers can't get them the ball.

If you know that you can double team Adams and none of the other GB WRs have the skill to beat you why not focus on the run? If the WR can't get open Rodgers can't get them the ball.
Because 17 and 12 are still the best weapons on this team. It’s not rocket science

Ok. So I went back and looked at the tape. I looked specifically at what RP was looking for in that AR was missing guys open underneath and more quick hitters.

There were 5 plays during the game that I saw him looking down field or did not release it quickly enough. 2 plays were the ones RP showed already. In other words, it looks more like timing to me with this O. That will come as the season goes on but AR still does look for the deep ball a little too often. The good news it was only 5 plays out the entire game.

Because 17 and 12 are still the best weapons on this team. It’s not rocket science
Well then double team or not you need to get Adams more then what 4 or 5 touches in a game

Ok. So I went back and looked at the tape. I looked specifically at what RP was looking for in that AR was missing guys open underneath and more quick hitters.

There were 5 plays during the game that I saw him looking down field or did not release it quickly enough. 2 plays were the ones RP showed already. In other words, it looks more like timing to me with this O. That will come as the season goes on but AR still does look for the deep ball a little too often. The good news it was only 5 plays out the entire game.
My concern has been that AR would still continue to play his 'old way' and from what I have seen, he seems to still be trying to do too much. I hope he learns to play within the system and remember that he is not what he used to be.

Back