Post Game: Packers Defeat Broncos Move To 3-0

I'm not a film analyst and I'm not trying my hand at it now either, but some of this stuff just jumps out so strongly. Bring in ML to help scheme guys open and this is what happens, 2nd drive of the game:

This play did not result in a 6-10 yard gain to Tonyan on 2nd and 15

isGvvZ.jpg

This play did not result in a 5-8 yard gain to Adams on 2nd and 13

isGL5P.jpg

This play did not result in a 13-15 yard gain to Allison on 3rd and 13

isGnVK.jpg

All three times the pocket is fine, he's looking right at these guys and.... I don't know. He overthrew Tonyan wildly on the first and Allison on the last. He tried to hit Tonyan deep on the second play instead of taking the short completion to Adams and overthrew by a tad. But to me, these are examples of not playing within a system. I know you want the big gainer but you have to hit them and sometimes you have to just hit what's there.

So yeah, to my untrained eye Rodgers is still off. I can appreciate that it's hard to throw the ball with 13 screws in your shoulder but if they want to maximize their potential this year he's gotta figure out a work around.

I disagree. our running backs suck. 78 combined yards on 22 rushes. like it or not, the offense is still dependent upon aaron rodgers. he's got two receivers that account for the bulk of the yards and one of them only catches about half of the balls thrown his way.

it's great that we have a defense that can win when the offense puts up only 20 points, but the offense still has to score.

don't get me wrong. i am loving this defense.
Denver came into that game focusing on stopping the run. They were willing to have Rodgers beat them. Can't do much when the defense goal is to limit the run.

I'm not a film analyst and I'm not trying my hand at it now either, but some of this stuff just jumps out so strongly. Bring in ML to help scheme guys open and this is what happens, 2nd drive of the game:

This play did not result in a 6-10 yard gain to Tonyan on 2nd and 15

isGvvZ.jpg

This play did not result in a 5-8 yard gain to Adams on 2nd and 13

isGL5P.jpg

This play did not result in a 13-15 yard gain to Allison on 3rd and 13

isGnVK.jpg

All three times the pocket is fine, he's looking right at these guys and.... I don't know. He overthrew Tonyan wildly on the first and Allison on the last. He tried to hit Tonyan deep on the second play instead of taking the short completion to Adams and overthrew by a tad. But to me, these are examples of not playing within a system. I know you want the big gainer but you have to hit them and sometimes you have to just hit what's there.

So yeah, to my untrained eye Rodgers is still off. I can appreciate that it's hard to throw the ball with 13 screws in your shoulder but if they want to maximize their potential this year he's gotta figure out a work around.

I don't disagree with what you are saying; however, I did not see a ton of these plays where WR's were open underneath. Most of the time they were not open and could not get separation. He definitely missed Allison and Tonyan which I mentioned in my earlier post. Which is very odd since they were both very wide open. If he throws to Tonyan right away, Tonyan has at least 10 yards but as you say he is looking downfield again. Allison he just misses badly.

I am not disagreeing, I just think it is more about WR's and separation and timing in the offense. But....AR does need to look at the short routes more. Always been an issue with him.

I dunno, previous GB teams would have found a way to lose, I remember vividly, 'stealing defeat from the jaws of victory' - this team just feels different, they want to win and they are having fun at least on d. Maybe its time to stop relying on AR to be the elite qb we know, maybe he has to be more of a game manager type guy and win with d.

Denver came into that game focusing on stopping the run. They were willing to have Rodgers beat them. Can't do much when the defense goal is to limit the run.
I have a hard time believing that. I get his skill set is not the same but as a DC you really want to stop Jones before Adams / Rodgers? Roll coverage to 17 and if they want to run fine but we don’t have Zeke in the backfield. We are a long way from pick your poison

Positives: They won in a game that could have been a trap game after the big wins against the Bears and Spermheads.

Running the ball. MLF is true to his word he will run the ball and not give up on it.

Defense! you all know my constant griping about the defense the last few years but damn that defense can play. They are having fun and are motivated and confident THANK YOU angry bald man!

Negatives: missed tackles. That isnt something you can keep doing it will hurt down the road

The offense looked good in spurts and they will get it together. I think they have been working out the kinks while playing against some pretty stout defenses. Sitting on their bass while the scrubs played didn't help.

Back