Post Game~ Lions Take Out Green Bay 31-23 In Ugly Loss

ImAs far as the cultural (or lack of) aspects of Green Bay goes..............is a player here to play football or go to the museum or night club? You can enjoy your free time and go anywhere you want............when it's the off season, otherwise stick to football, because that's what you get paid to do. (JMHO) tc(
But many don’t just stick to football. I remember many times seeing players out here in Atlanta or when I lived in Tampa any day but night before the game they want the social life.

Ryan Longwell's wife made the famous comment about "Applebee's" after he signed with MN.

I get it.

But when you come to GB, you know what you are getting..........or rather, NOT getting.

We all have to learn how to adapt at times in out lives. I would think that multi-millionaire professional sports players could learn how to adapt as well. Heck, even OBJ jets off to South Beach to "get way". So what's wrong with NY?

Again........tc(

Right now GB is what their record says: a .500 team. Rodgers and Adams on O and Kenny Clark on D are about the only players that might scare a team. There's a chance they will gel soon but they have to do it fast. Schedule gets tough real quick.
Overall I didn't think Rodgers was sharp yesterday, and when 2 of your top 3 WRs are hurt there will be struggles. I saw some routes where they couldn't get open, and other times they are but 12 doesn't throw them the ball. I don't know what to make of the offense, it's out of sync. It wasn't a pass protection thing -- generally he had time.

The D is still very much a work in progress, and I think they will get better. King had a bad game, and there was the TD where HHCD vacated the middle that made me scratch my head. They have to fix the pass rush and they'll be ok. Unfortunately, that won't happen until next season at the soonest.

The Crosby FGs were stunners to me...he's usually automatic from 40 in. He missed the XP vs. BUF last week, so I wonder if he's working thru something mechanical/timing with the two rookies?

You are what your record says you are. For the 3rd time in 5 games they were down big at halftime (17-0, 28-10, 24-0). In each of these 3 games, they melted down in a single phase of the game that directly created the deficit- against the Bears it was offense, against the Redskins defense, and yesterday STs. Then you have to add the 22 point 4th quarter meltdown by the defense in the Vikings game that was exasperated by a completely ridiculous call by the officials.

So the tally is one game without a complete meltdown in one phase of the game in 5. It is not easy to determine whether this is the sign of a good team close to figuring it out or a bad team on the verge of a total collapse. That’s why you have wildly varying points of view as to what is happening and why.

I honestly have no feel for what this team is right now. They’re searching... you can see it... and that’s probably because they don’t know either. And if this team cannot figure out who they are real damn soon, we’ll be looking at a new coaching staff this time next year- because knowing what kind of team you are is the purview of the head coach.

This team does remind me a lot of those 8-8 type teams the Pack had in the 1980s. They're not the worst team in the league (not yet at least), but just there's just a lot of mediocrity and below average play all over the place. If #12's injuries get any worse and he does miss time, this team will be in the discussion for the " middle of the road" record. Like others here I've seen enough MM and would lean toward a change.

Back