Post Game~ Lions Take Out Green Bay 31-23 In Ugly Loss

Two guys had tremendously bad games. Rodgers and Crosby. It happened. It can happen to anyone.

Not interested in starting a war on this but you do not let a QB's security blanket go and expect to win games where there's adverse conditions. Nelson would have been the possession guy that Rodgers needed, and without him, it took an entire half before he had any confidence whatsoever in any of his receivers outside of Adams. It was obvious that Rodgers had as much time as he needed to pass, but when they used play back, you could see our receivers would run their route and become spectators instead of working to get open. Then there was two guys nearly holding hands downfield giving the defenders a better opportunity to cover.

These mistakes in routes falls on the coaches.

Under the circumstances, outside of the stupidity of taunting calls, and a handful of bad coverage decisions, I thought the defense was fairly decent. On offense, it was a good play, bad play, good decision, bad decision, good route, bad route, and too many attempts to throw the ball into players were were double teamed.

End of story, no matter how it happened, I never believed for a heartbeat we would win this game with the personnel we had going in. We can point at all the great yardage we gained but not one yard of it matters when it doesn't lead to a win.

I don't want Crosby gone, I don't want Rodgers benched, I don't want to fire coordinators, I just want to see this team get onto the same page from Rodgers on down to the 53rd player on the roster. It stinks watching them implode through one idiotic thing after another happening.

Last edited:
thumbsup

Adams was phenomenal, and I thought the 3 rookie WRs acquitted themselves well. Graham seems to have a mild case of the dropsies, but had a nice game.

Pretty much everything else sucked....well, wait, I think the OL did a good job in protection. Rodgers seems to be in one of his "Hero Ball" phases where he won't take easy, move-the-chains throws in order to win the game on every pass.

thumbsdown))sick(

Crosby had one of the worst games I've ever seen for a Packer kicker....it reminded me of the heinous bunch of clowns they had back in '88 before GB got Jacke/Longwell/Crosby uninterrupted for 3 decades.

ST - mucked up that PR and gifted the Lions a TD. Take away that and have Crosby make even a couple of those FGs and GB has a win (all things being equal, and they may not have been).

McCarthy - Get your team ready to play and install a game plan that makes some sense.

Few things I saw~

MP super duper scheme isn't that complicated. Vet QB will have solid games against it until GB can acquire a couple of stud pass rushers. Credit where credit is due at least MP adjusts at halftime rather then looking like an embalmed stiff in the press box.

Mike Daniels is lazy and takes plays off as does Matthews. Saw a bunch of it today.

Packers are lying through their teeth on Rodgers health, has not looked 100 % this season and not sure he's 100% vested mentally.

Not worried about Crosby unless it happens again next week. They could make a move in the bye then. NFL is a business and cutting a guy like Mason sends a loud message to your team on underperforming.

MM has had this team sleep walking out of the tunnel for the past 3-4 seasons. Capers and a bunch of coaches have been cut as have several vets yet the issue remains. Only one thing is the same and that's the HC.

Arod ended with good stats. But most of that was gimme yardage and garbage time...

Valdez actual impressed me a bit. He showed some YAC ability... But other than that the rookie's can't handle anything except a simple out pattern it seems.

I knew Daniels would disappear as soon as he got paid and he has.

Jimy Graham was paid a lot of money to be a difference maker and he hasn't.

Secondary is slow, and often out of position. I can think of several players over past few years GB decided weren't worth keeping who would improve this secondary right now. It's probably the worst position on this team right now.

And then there is MM.. His refusal to use Jones as the feature back is mind boggling. His complete abandoning of the run inside the 25. His ridiculous packages inside the 25 which pretty much tells the DEF what he's doing.. Opposing DEF know that when the Packers get close they're going to start taking shots at the end zone .. No need to cover short... As soon as Williams or Monty trots on the field you can pretty much bet on a pass. And WTH is Monty even playing? Packers trying to come back and MM starts using Monty as a runner?

Crosby had an awful game. However, the bigger question is why did GB have to trot Mason out there 5 times against a team as bad as DET?? Because MM can't game plan and can't see the forest for the trees. A coach who so doggedly sticks to his system despite the obvious flaws is one who doesn't know what he's doing anymore.

BTW the Packers and Browns now have the same record.

Last edited:
Reactions: #66
Ugh, where do you start with that piece of crap game. Sure, there were some positive moments in the 2nd half but teams in the position the Lions were in often give up some stuff in the 2nd half.

The negatives were everywhere:
- Crosby . . . wtf.
- Secondary still making mistakes and doesn't seem like a well coached group.
- Tony Brown deserves his own line. Where the hell does he get off taunting. Typical 'Bama guy . . . dumb & cocky.
- AR's misfires. Too many poorly thrown balls. Needs to realize he's more vulnerable now because he's not quite as mobile so protect the football.
- OL was a mixed bag. Some good stretches but still too much pressure allowed at times.
- Special teams. Crosby obviously makes it look bad, but King's bad play plus the constant block-in-the-back and holding calls tell me something is just not being communicated by the coaching staff.

The positives:
- Overall defense was not awful. A good chunk of the points came on give-aways by the offense.
- Young WRs starting to make some plays. Need them to continue to progress.
- They need to adjust how they are using Graham, and did at times. He can be a possession guy with his size, but he doesn't outrun anyone anymore. Look for timing routes and mismatches against small guys.
- Solid move by MM letting Crosby kick that last field goal.

- Solid move by MM letting Crosby kick that last field goal.

For all he screwed up this game, that was a good move by MM, and the right one.

Packers looked flat all year besides 2nd half of Bears game have had no fire this year.

Back