Post Game: Green Bay Skins Bears 35-14

They fought through the injuries and garnered the win. The cobbled together OLine seemed to hold their own. I thought Aaron Jones showed some promise. Defense looks to miss Daniel's. That unit had it's positive moments but there were some times that it looked soft in both run and pass game. Glennon had some WR open but overthrew them. Good win, especially on a short week and battling the injury bug.

I wasn't on here last night, what did everyone think of the Travathan hit on Adams? Looked like classic targeting-style hit to me. Adams wrapped up already and this was just a kill shot on a guy who couldn't protect himself. Not even bang-bang, he lined him up.

I wasn't on here last night, what did everyone think of the Travathan hit on Adams? Looked like classic targeting-style hit to me. Adams wrapped up already and this was just a kill shot on a guy who couldn't protect himself. Not even bang-bang, he lined him up.
Truthfully you can look at that a lot of ways... first off the refs were letting plays go on after wrap up all night. ( Blow the damn whistle) So let's look at this objectively, the piles moving and no whistle. He's screaming into a moving pile and drops his head and BOOM! It was an unnecessary hit and it's stupid. However, I have seen a few Packers do the same thing and not get flagged.

Here's the point, when a group of officials runs the game as poorly as they did last night, you're going to see this happen. Blow the whistle and stop the play. I am not a fan of targeting rules because again trying to stop on a dime while reacting to a play isn't always as easy as in theory. ( It's football not knitting class)

My personal view is this, a penalty was called, a big fine is coming AND he needs to be told anymore BS your sitting 3 games without pay. ( first offense hits shouldn't draw suspensions but that's just me)

I've seen a lot worse hits at lower levels, I am sure Crease and TW , as well as 44blitz, can attest to that. tc(

Good win, understatement to say this team needs this 10 day break very badly. That was a nasty hit on Adams but since he appears ok this morning I'll just leave it at that.

My personal view is this, a penalty was called, a big fine is coming AND he needs to be told anymore BS your sitting 3 games without pay. ( first offense hits shouldn't draw suspensions but that's just me)

I've seen a lot worse hits at lower levels, I am sure Crease and TW , as well as 44blitz, can attest to that. tc(

Yes! A lot worse. I've seen hits like that that actually cracked helmets, and turned face masks into pretzels, with no calls.

I think the number of concussions, and results in later life, can only be addressed if you reduce the severity of the hits to the helmet, and redesign of the helmets themselves. I honestly don't know how you're going to lessen the blow from the ground though, unless you play on a pillow top mattress, and even then, there will be concussions. It's that sudden jarring that causes the brain to crash against the inside of the skull, causing trauma.

we can't seem to get through even one game without at least four new injured players. i'm disgusted with our strength and conditioning staff. these guys are not prepared to play in the nfl.

as for the trevathan play - i can't really agree with the "it's football" crowd. he went full speed into a crowd of players that wasn't progressing on the field, using his helmet as a battering ram. there is no excuse for that, and no "split-second" judgement was required. this was done with frustration and an intent to knock another player out of the game.

Yep. I've trucked a few guys, usually on crossing routes or on crack-backs (when I played offense). Usually open-field stuff. Worst I ever saw was our lb absolutely leveled a guy blocking on an int return. It was like when Clifton clotheslined that guy in Tampa some years back. He got rewarded with one less hill to run.

But I do have an issue with Trevathan going headfirst into the pile like that. Coming from behind like that, he should have been pulling up b/c the last thing you want is to drive the ball carrier further down field. When the guy is stacked, we were taught to get our arms in there and try to poke the ball out.

I will agree with intent on that Adams hit. When you watch the video, you can plainly see him dip his head just before contact, and aiming right for Adams head. It doesnt get any more blatant that that as far as an intentional hit to cause injury. It wasnt a bang bang play like you see if the wr is going down as the defender comes in for the hit, drawing a flag. These hits shouldnt be disciplined the same as intent is not the same. He deserves a hefty fine and a game or 2 off.

But I do have an issue with Trevathan going headfirst into the pile like that. Coming from behind like that, he should have been pulling up b/c the last thing you want is to drive the ball carrier further down field. When the guy is stacked, we were taught to get our arms in there and try to poke the ball out.

Those issues bothered me as well. If he had any real knowledge of the game, that would have been instinctive. It tells me he was going in head first with the intent of causing harm. He let his temper get the best of him, and that's what's not acceptable from his own team's perspective.

Back