Post Game: Green Bay Skins Bears 35-14

It's easy as pie to sit behind a keyboard and be outraged by that hit. But until you have played at that level and or been involved at that level you can't understand how split second that was. I agree the whistle was slow and your taught to go until that whistle.

Point being yes it was a nasty hit and no you don't ever lower your helmet because it's a normally the guy making that hit who snaps his neck. Let them take his paycheck and I guarantee he won't do it again anytime soon. Money talks.

44, you’re an excellent poster and I almost always agree with your posts. However, I have to disagree on this one. Players in the NFL are involved in split second decisions every play. How often do you see a guy run at a guy that’s stacked up and smash into his face with the crown of his helmet like that? It’s rare. Thankfully, most of the players are better than that. I can’t believe they lowered the suspension to one game! Typical NFL...

And please don’t say if a Packer did it, I would react differently. I would have been just as appalled! That could have ruined Davante’s life...or worse. To see how the Packers players reacted immediately to the sidelines made me sick to my stomach. Even some of the classier Bears players (which granted, were few) reacted the same way. That kind of play has no place in sport. Jmo, of course.

Okay, I’ll get off my sb( now! :D

I thought it was bushleague when Clay Matthews lowered his helmet into Brian Hoyers arm last year and broke it when he was already held up by Peppers. Can't imagine doing that to someone's face.

but it really wasn't as "split second" as a lot of other plays. Adams was stacked up and Trev came running in. He saw his target from steps away until he lowered his head. In no way was it an oops.

Back