Post Game GB defeats Tampa Bay 14-12

I think Doubs showed more potential than Lazard today. GB still needs a TE who is a threat.

DEF did their job. Nixon really stepped up.

The fact the O crumbled after the Jones fumble shows a lack of mental toughness.

Everyone knew this would be ugly. At least it was a win.
Lazard still is being hampred by that ankle plus he's never been a fast guy he's been the big body WR.

Doubs has more talent and right now looks like he's quick becoming Rodgers favroite target

Not much you can say here except take the win and move on.
Exactly. We all figured it would be fugly. Good win, on the road, hostile environment and a very hot day. Some good things out of Doubs and Lazard, although had some penalties, played with heart and came up big on several drives.

Exactly. We all figured it would be fugly. Good win, on the road, hostile environment and a very hot day. Some good things out of Doubs and Lazard, although had some penalties, played with heart and came up big on several drives.
I wouldn't be booking tickets to the SB just yet but we came out if it healthy except Jaire I think... the rest was cramps. One note and I hate to be a stick in the mud here but that was a very very unhealthy Tampa team....no one get big heads about today. We won... fantastic..move on.

The fact the O crumbled after the Jones fumble shows a lack of mental toughness.
personally i thought it showed that the bucs made some highly effective changes to their defensive plans at the half. that's kind of what todd bowles is good at. sometimes we forget that there are two teams playing the game.

There was hardly anybody who wasn't BOTH stud and dud at one time or another in this game.

I'm tempted to call Stokes a stud because they didn't seem to throw it his way all day - or maybe he was just so far out of position the camera couldn't see him. Amos made some great plays, but it seemed like he was out of position at times too. Nixon played decent for a back up but got beat a few times too. This was by far the best I've seen Quay Walker play. Gary was in there on the QB all day, but mostly it was near misses. Campbell was excellent, Clark too. The D in general didn't have the missed tackles like last week, but at times they still got pushed around and beat for plays.

Rodgers had what would have been a great day for just about anybody else, but it was below his standard, and he got fooled on that interception. Neither Jones nor Dillon were very good, but mostly that was piss poor O Line blocking. As somebody said, for a guy as big and strong-looking as he is, Dillon sure doesn't seem to run very strong. Lazard was good within the limitations of what he can do, but he ain't gonna get open deep hardly ever. Cobb had one great play and disappeared the rest of the time. Doubs looked excellent early, but apparently he wasn't getting open in the second half either. Tonyan did fairly good in the role they used him, but he seldom got really open.

Is anybody still gonna claim our O Line is any better than mediocre? I really really wish they would play Jenkins at Guard. Again today, he sucked at Tackle. Bakhtiari made a good run block early, but other than that, he didn't do much, and he got beat numerous times in pass protection. Anybody other than Rodgers would have been sacked 4-5 times.

Special teams didn't lose the game, which is about all you can ask. They rose to the level of average for an average team. I'm pleased to be wrong or whatever about Rudy Ford as a gunner. With the enhanced roster and less restrictions, I guess they can afford to use a roster spot for somebody like him. I still say, though, a special teams coach should be able to coach up just about any DB or WR to do that good as a gunner.

I don't know if Amos was a stud Pete, but this was his best game. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

O'Donnell had almost a 50 yards average, and 5 inside the 20.

Lazard had a TD, picked well on Doubs' TD, and recovered the onside kick.

Doubs and Lazard look like a good pair. Add Watson to that mix and we're going to smile. I think this could be a decent group.

Doubs was effective early, forcing them to show more concern for him. It freed others to make catches.

It was a meeting of two teams who are injury saddled. The Bucs defense was without some of their better DBs.

It's nice to win one over Brady. It gives the team a psychological lift. Now they need to take it to Belichek's team at Lambeau Field.

I'm concerned we lost our best CB for a while. We'll know just how bad it is when they get through with the medical work on him.

Back