Post Game: Falcons run by GB 25-24

heck, i think they just needed to get one 1st down in the 4th quarter to seal the deal. i know everyone wants to blame this loss on the defense (i have also been on that bandwagon), but let's turn the tables a bit. a lot of folks have been saying "the offense was good for three quarters and they built up a double-digit lead so the defense should have held for one quarter. what those people seem to forget is that the defense also did their job for three quarters - giving up only 12 points. both sides of the ball let down their guard in the final quarter. a big part of it was play calling, but player execution also sucked. the o-line couldn't protect or open holes for dillon (who isn't fast enough to run outside). dillon tripped over his own feet twice. love, who played a really nice game for 3 quarters threw 6 passes in the 4th and wasn't able to complete one of them. our young receivers seemed to forget how to run the right routes. and we have already gone over the defensive issues ad nauseum. i just think there is plenty of blame to go around.
Bingo...

Just one first down is all it would have taken, in my opinion as well. That would have burned enough clock, and moved the play further downfield, and more than likely sealed the win. But, that's neither here nor there. It's now the next week.

Back