Post Game: Falcons run by GB 25-24

Dillion is just a guy and is fine for short yardage
but is he really fine for short yardage? he couldn't even gain one yard when the game was on the line.

after watching the video of all of his runs, the o-line was not doing him any favors, but still, i kinda expect a guy called quadzilla to be able to push through some of that.

edit: just saw that rp already brought up the same thing. sorry, rp.

Maybe, but he was forcing the issue. If he wants to field one from -1 or -2 OK. He took one out though from 9 yards deep and wound up on the 20.
The one that was 9 yards deep had a huge hole in the coverage team. Wasn't able to get the ball out from 9 yards deep in time to hit it tho.

Other NFL teams consider the Pack soft.

Last year, the JETS coach openly stated it.

This year the Falcons just did. 2:07 left in the game. Falcons at the 20 - in fieldgoal range. Falcons down by 2. It's 4th and 1. The Falcons run it instead of kicking the fieldgoal.

Lots of good things, but we're soft. We need 30+ points to win.

It's going to be a long frustrating year.

Other NFL teams consider the Pack soft.

Last year, the JETS coach openly stated it.

This year the Falcons just did. 2:07 left in the game. Falcons at the 20 - in fieldgoal range. Falcons down by 2. It's 4th and 1. The Falcons run it instead of kicking the fieldgoal.

Lots of good things, but we're soft. We need 30+ points to win.

It's going to be a long frustrating year.
I put that on the offense. Drain some clock there. It's like Aaron in the playoffs against Brady. Three and out, three and out, three and out, game over.

Defense was gassed. Nothing left in the tank. Barry also had them in position for how many INTs? I think we'll be ok. It's a teachable moment for the young QB.

I thought that the defense was pretty agressive in the first half and then it was the same ole same ole. Receivers running wild. They did not hurry up Ridder at all. And forget about stopping the run.

The offense made some miscues but the defense was supposed to help with that. Very disappointing.

It's really bad when my daughter who knows very little about the game said, Wow the defense looked bad in the 2nd half.

So who are so possible DC canidates for next year?

I put that on the offense. Drain some clock there. It's like Aaron in the playoffs against Brady. Three and out, three and out, three and out, game over.

Defense was gassed. Nothing left in the tank. Barry also had them in position for how many INTs? I think we'll be ok. It's a teachable moment for the young QB.
Your offense with only 1 first round pick should not have to sustain every single drive to cover for your first and second round pick stacked defense. Love set the team up to win with a double digit lead into the fourth. This is all on the def….

Would someone like Zimmer be worth looking into? Not a good HC but he can coach the hell out of a defense.
Not sure I want another retread for DC. Might be time to go fresh and young 1st time guy who wants to prove himself

I don't know why people can't see the fact that the Packers were 0-6 passing over their 3 possessions in the 4th quarter, didn't get any first downs, in 3 possessions, and on 4th and short, Love gave the wrong signal for what was supposed to be a quick QB sneak, and charged over the line for a false start, forcing the Packers to punt. We were ahead, and could have moved the ball, and forced the Falcons to use up their time outs.

This is the continuing product of LeFleur's conservative 4th quarter football when we have a lead. He still hasn't learned it's death by a thousand cuts, when the other team controls the ball, and the entire quarter. Once you've surrendered what was a decent lead, you've also surrendered the drive inside, that wins games.

Back