Post Game: Eagles defeat Packers 34-27

I don’t know what is more concerning:
Four straight pass attempts on first and goal at the one, followed by another pass attempt on second and goal after running for five yards with two timeouts at the end. I mean, don’t you want to drain the clock if you score so the Eagles have no opportunity to kick a Fg anyways?

I don’t know what is more concerning:
Four straight pass attempts on first and goal at the one, followed by another pass attempt on second and goal after running for five yards with two timeouts at the end. I mean, don’t you want to drain the clock if you score so the Eagles have no opportunity to kick a Fg anyways?

The run defense is more concerning to me. The inability to stop even basic runs from gaining 4-6 yards a whack has become a recurring theme.

The other great concern is the state of the Oline. Jenkins will be fine replacing Taylor, but he'll have a learning curve. We saw last night that Light got torched several times after coming in for Bulaga. They need to find a better combo on the right side. Any news on Bulaga's return? (Cheap shot warning: knowing Bulaga's injury history, I'm worried he's out for some time)

The run defense is bad because the book is written on Blake Martinez in traffic. He frequently commits to the wrong hole, doesn't disengage from blocking well, and doesn't come downhill unless there is literally no players between him and the ball carrier. Teams are committing to getting a guard to the second level and he gets cratered.

You will find a lot of film of him getting engaged and him going full Nick Barnett/AJ Hawk and moving 8 yards from the line of scrimmage or just simply giving up and standing around. Also Lancaster is a DT not 34 DE, Kid got eaten alive a few snaps last night.

I just simply think they are 10-6 and not a 12-4 team. I think all of us (myself included) got a little too high with expectations after the 3-0 start. We all knew this team had a pretty clear ceiling offensively with the limited talent at WR and TE.

We also knew there would be growing pains with new HC and new system. Last night was clearly one of those major growing pains. Not a huge deal as long as they learn from that.

When asked why the team didn't try to run the ball in, LaFleur said, "That’s a great question,".

"We got into goal line, we liked the matchup on the outside, Jimmy Graham on the safety and that was incomplete," LaFleur explained. "Second down we tried to stay in goal line thinking they might think we're running the ball. We ran the keeper and they played the keeper. Credit to them. The defensive end read the field and was right in Aaron [Rodgers]'s face. "Third down we called a play for the run/pass option and Aaron he saw who he saw and pulled the ball, then the defense reacted so he had to throw it away. Then fourth down we tried another pass. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for us."

So in other words, we did not commit to running the ball on the one yard line.

When asked why the team didn't try to run the ball in, LaFleur said, "That’s a great question,".

"We got into goal line, we liked the matchup on the outside, Jimmy Graham on the safety and that was incomplete," LaFleur explained. "Second down we tried to stay in goal line thinking they might think we're running the ball. We ran the keeper and they played the keeper. Credit to them. The defensive end read the field and was right in Aaron [Rodgers]'s face. "Third down we called a play for the run/pass option and Aaron he saw who he saw and pulled the ball, then the defense reacted so he had to throw it away. Then fourth down we tried another pass. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for us."

So in other words, we did not commit to running the ball on the one yard line.

shades of Seattle in the SB, I get we dont have a Money Lynch type but to not run is a real head scratcher

I like many of you got caught up into GB's first three games. Thinking this was a different team with good improvements. Somehow in the back of my mind something was saying this maybe too good to be true. Well the Eagles showed this team their true weaknesses on both sides of the ball. The defensive front has trouble stopping a team with decent blockers and power runners. Tackling was very poor which led to extra yards on what should have been a stop for little gain.
Offensive line offered Rodgers very little time to view the field which led to passes to young WRs needing to be playmakers. When my QB has to scramble out of the pocket often...to me is a bad sign. Last play shows a young kid that needs to catch with his hands rather than his chest had it bounce off him and led to the Int. My conclusions is this team needs a lot of work and smarter trade/FA pickups...or we end up with another TT tenure.

It would be nice to think this loss will open their eyes and go into Dallas and beat them handily. That sure is a nice thought which is one I would like to see happen. Reality is this team has some question marks that will probably show up in Dallas and against other teams.

. My conclusions is this team needs a lot of work and smarter trade/FA pickups...or we end up with another TT tenure.
If anyone thought this was a one year fix your delusional. Defense was a bigger need in 2019 so Gute focused there and I have no issues. Next 2 drafts continue to fill holes and IF cap space is there hit the market

Back