Post Game: Baltimore defeats GB 26-13

Dexter Williams did not help himself last night, but I still think he makes the team.
i was hoping we scored a gem with that 6th round pick, but it looks like there was a reason that slipped so low in the draft.

i was hoping we scored a gem with that 6th round pick, but it looks like there was a reason that slipped so low in the draft.
Yep I thought Williams might have been a really good fit for the ML offense. But he has been so bad in camp I would not be shocked he is cut.

Our depth at RB right now behind Aaron Jones is putrid, and it's hard to tell much about your run game when your best back is out and not playing. I will say this is the worst our RB room has looked in a number of years now. Hell, the combo of Ty Montgomery and Christine Michael from 2016 is looking pretty good in comparison.

one really sad fact about last night's game is that joe callahan looked better than both kizer and boyle.

This game along with game 1 just reenforces how bare the cupboard was especially at skilled positions sans QB and also supports the notion that this is a 2 to 3 draft cycle to fix it. And to be fair, ML and the staff needs to grown into their roles also, its a steep learning curve for the entire organization.

This game along with game 1 just reenforces how bare the cupboard was especially at skilled positions sans QB and also supports the notion that this is a 2 to 3 draft cycle to fix it. And to be fair, ML and the staff needs to grown into their roles also, its a steep learning curve for the entire organization.

Winner) this is not gonna be a quick coaching change and GB is back to a deep playoff run. As others have said depth is lacking, and the depth that is there is short on talent.

I hope the fans give the team at least 3 years before they start calling for heads to roll. TT/MM really f'd things up the past 3 or 4 years TT was there. It takes awhile to fix that kind of cluster f****....

Watching through the game on gamepass right now.

• Starting interior DL got moved around, especially Kenny Clark. I actually count that as a positive, because he hasn't taken live reps yet until last night and I have full faith that he will play himself back into form.
  • Pettine taking a look at different combos on the line. Adams on the nose, with Clark and Lowry at end. I don't know if that lasts into the regular season, I expect Kenny back over the middle.
  • Starting O first drive wasn't too bad. Pass pro was excellent. Wide zone needs work. There was one play, a wide run to the left where Bahktiari pulled way out to the edge, leaving McPhee essentially unblocked where he hit the RB behind the line. It's such a complicated thing I rewatched it probably 10 times to see what exactly was happening, and my best guess is that Allison, who was lined up to the left of Bahk, was supposed to either cut McPhee or at least get in his way but instead just released him and went looking for easier work upfield. If he makes that block it looks to be a really nice gain. Just goes to show you how in this system everyone needs to do their job to make it go, and that includes these WR for maybe the first times in their careers.
  • I liked Amos in action. Throwing down the TE who tried to hurdle him, I like that.
  • Coyle, de Beer and Madison were awful. They played a lot of snaps but they are easy cuts IMO.
  • Ty Summer tackles the way Richard Rodgers used to block - as if he has no arms. Until that improves I will call him T-rex.
  • There's a lot to like about Shepherd. He's not perfect but he catches punts with his hands, he looks confident, he's small but looks a lot sturdier built than Trevor Davis. Shows some savvy on his returns as well. I think they have to keep him.
  • Kizer and Boyle were just bad. Kizer seems so afraid of throwing picks he airmails anything deep and his receivers have no shot. Also threw high to Adams on what would've been an easy 3rd down completion. Boyle flat out had the yips for two quarters, which was kind of the book on him. I mean, he was throwing Vince Young worm burners again and again.
  • Curtis Bolton has a spot on this team. He looked good on ST as well. No fear.
  • Gary has to work on his conditioning. He flat out got gassed as the game went on and he played a lot. Couple times the QB rolled out of the pocket around his end and he flat out didn't chase. Not a good look.
So that's what I see. Overall I don't think the starters were all that bad, but in some areas - OL, RB especially - depth is so poor that the guys playing a lot of snaps just made it impossible to play.

Starting O first drive wasn't too bad. Pass pro was excellent. Wide zone needs work. There was one play, a wide run to the left where Bahktiari pulled way out to the edge, leaving McPhee essentially unblocked where he hit the RB behind the line. It's such a complicated thing I rewatched it probably 10 times to see what exactly was happening, and my best guess is that Allison, who was lined up to the left of Bahk, was supposed to either cut McPhee or at least get in his way but instead just released him and went looking for easier work upfield. If he makes that block it looks to be a really nice gain. Just goes to show you how in this system everyone needs to do their job to make it go, and that includes these WR for maybe the first times in their careers.

Saw that... nope that was Bak's guy in Outside zone. He overran it completely. He's also playing stiff in the outside run game

Saw that... nope that was Bak's guy in Outside zone. He overran it completely. He's also playing stiff in the outside run game

Ya know he took it so far wide I assumed that was his job but it makes sense. Once he got out there he was looking at DBs. That's a surprising mental error for him.

Back