PFF Believes Packers Lack Top-10 Roster

He's said repeatedly that his offense was evolving. It's a matter of how fast people grasp aspects of it, and how you can move it forward. Here he talks about things he can install in year two, which he apparently didn't want to do based on the team's grasp of how far they'd already gone.

Offense
TW he did not say anything about installing the other half of his offense in that article he says he's going to adjust it based on what he saw last year. We see tons of articles on this in WI and I have not heard a word about ML only installing half the offense ? sh)) As a matter of fact I am not sure I've heard of a pro team of doing a half install ever. :unsure:

bh(
Wow this thread went off topic fast ? Do we have weakness in depth? Yes no doubt about it. If your coaching HS ball and maybe college then yes some of those coaching points etc hold true.

We are talking the NFL and our inability in not getting to the holy-land is about our GM not providing the team with decent talent along with a former HC who was rogue the past 3 years. ML isn't going too overcome that in 1 season.

Almost every member agreed this was a 2-3 draft rebuild before we were going to hit paydirt. Why all the crying when someone like PFF calls out the obvious ? TW, sorry I don't read your story that way either.

bh(
Wow this thread went off topic fast ? Do we have weakness in depth? Yes no doubt about it. If your coaching HS ball and maybe college then yes some of those coaching points etc hold true.

We are talking the NFL and our inability in not getting to the holy-land is about our GM not providing the team with decent talent along with a former HC who was rogue the past 3 years. ML isn't going too overcome that in 1 season.

Almost every member agreed this was a 2-3 draft rebuild before we were going to hit paydirt. Why all the crying when someone like PFF calls out the obvious ? TW, sorry I don't read your story that way either.
What he said ! Winner)

I understand why a lot of people don't believe LeFleur completed his offensive installation. Here's another article, where he talks about how they are moving forward over the off season to change verbiage on plays. Just the verbiage held a lot of plays out of their weekly selection because of the personnel packages they would use. It takes time to develop all of it, and there isn't nearly as much time in preseason, and in the first year, as people think.

Then there's Matt talking about installing the no-huddle offense, which wasn't installed last year. That's part of his offense that wasn't used.

Reality is, there were a lot of issues that prevented the Packers from using the entire package of plays that Matt wanted to introduce. If you read little statements made in his interviews about the offense, you can see that he held back certain facets because of the lack of personnel to play roles in it, or because of various other reasoning, which includes the communication of the play that takes too long. That was even confirmed by the comment by the writer that the Packers had more delay of game penalties than any other team.

Anyhow, believe what you want. It's not worth arguing about in my opinion. I'm just going to look forward to the added dimensions of the offense that weren't used last year.

Matt LeFleur

Reality is, there were a lot of issues that prevented the Packers from using the entire package of plays that Matt wanted to introduce. If you read little statements made in his interviews about the offense, you can see that he held back certain facets because of the lack of personnel to play roles in it, or because of various other reasoning, which includes the communication of the play that takes too long. That was even confirmed by the comment by the writer that the Packers had more delay of game penalties than any other team.
And what changes in personnel have we made to change anything? We are still pedestrian at WR after Adams, TE is still black hole, RB is the same expect you can make an argument on more depth. You could have made the argument that one more year in the system would help but not sure thats valid now with no OTA's and question marks on when camps open.

Last edited:
And what changes in personnel have we made to change anything? We are still pedestrian at WR after Adams, TE is still black hole, RB is the same expect you can make an argument on more depth. You could have made the argument that one more year in the system would help but not sure thats valid now with no OTA's and question marks on when camps open.

Gute worked hand in hand with Father Time to make major changes to the OL - the GM let an excellent RT walk in free agency and replaced him with an inferior player, while Father Time made sure the all-pro LT and the solid, steady C got a year older.

Gute worked hand in hand with Father Time to make major changes to the OL - the GM let an excellent RT walk in free agency and replaced him with an inferior player, while Father Time made sure the all-pro LT and the solid, steady C got a year older.
I can't blame him for letting Bulaga walk have to make tough choices with the team tight against the cap and lots of key FA's coming up next year. Next year this time we will probably be complaining about the Packers letting so and so walk in FA.

I can't blame him for letting Bulaga walk have to make tough choices with the team tight against the cap and lots of key FA's coming up next year. Next year this time we will probably be complaining about the Packers letting so and so walk in FA.

but a good gm would have somebody ready to step up and replace bulaga instead of being forced to overpay for a guy who isn't as good.

Back