Packers will hire Pettine as defensive coordinator

Good article RB. My main take away is that he never should have been the HC in Cleveland, seemed like he took the interview as practice and then haslam wound up hiring him.

well, not exactly the message i had in mind, but yeah.

my main takeaway was that maybe his defense isn't as complicated as we have been led to believe.

well, not exactly the message i had in mind, but yeah.

my main takeaway was that maybe his defense isn't as complicated as we have been led to believe.

In a round about way that’s also my way of being a little more positive about his record. He wasn’t ready to be a HC in Cleveland, and the D suffered for it even though that’s his specialty. As a HC there’s a lot more responsibility than just focusing on one part of the team and not everyone can do it. Plus CLE is such a dumpster fire under Haslam, who can really tell?

In a round about way that’s also my way of being a little more positive about his record. He wasn’t ready to be a HC in Cleveland, and the D suffered for it even though that’s his specialty. As a HC there’s a lot more responsibility than just focusing on one part of the team and not everyone can do it. Plus CLE is such a dumpster fire under Haslam, who can really tell?

Compared to Hue Jackson(who is still somehow employed), Pettine is Vince Lombardi

If you guys want a glimpse of what Pettine's defense looks like, watch the Badgers D under Leonhard.

Jimmy was a player for Pettine in Baltimore (2008), New York (2009-11), Buffalo (2013), and Cleveland (2014).

If you guys want a glimpse of what Pettine's defense looks like, watch the Badgers D under Leonhard.

Jimmy was a player for Pettine in Baltimore (2008), New York (2009-11), Buffalo (2013), and Cleveland (2014).

Hm, good call. I think we are going to see GB prioritize a smart/savvy ILB/S type in FA or the draft. Seems to be required to run this D

Speaking of...
Wilde: For lack of a better team, Mike Pettine looks like a bad ass.
Jim Leonhard: He is…. He demands a lot of his players and has expectations for what football should look like. Does what wins.
#Packers #Badgers

Why?? His defenses were always top 10 and a few times Top 5. Some people will criticize anything.
That was with the Jets... It's a very complex Scheme. He only spent a yr in Buffalo and left. Wasn't long after that that Marrone quit in Buff which from what I read people partially blamed on Pettine's poor relationship with the players. Not saying it's true but it's out there.

I really think fans say they wanted fangio and bradley is bc the names are more well known. Pettine has had success just like those guys.
Nothing against those guys but i dont see them light years ahead of pettine. Everybody gonna nitpick anx look for negitives bit this is a guy thats run multiple front defenses with high success. He id higher energy then we are used to and should be fresh and hungry to get back at it

Back