Packers To Hire Matt LaFleur As HC

I don't deny it'll take a couple seasons if it's going to happen at all, but I'm more optimistic than most, maybe, because I have faith that Rodgers can and will take care of himself, and can and will adjust his game to this new system and to his changing skill set, and therefore that he will continue to be a difference making QB for more than 2 seasons. Totally get others who disagree.

Yep and at that point your quarterback is aged and your window became even shorter. I get the excitement but realistically it’s not going to be easy
Maybe or maybe not.... this system doesn't need an Aaron Rodgers to be successful though it helps. I think we need to get through training camp before we know enough to form any kind of opinion. tc(

I stated several times over the last two years that I had no real expectations of the Packers doing well. They were one player away from being a 7-9 team at the very best. They proved that inept, even with Rodgers in the lineup.

What I find exciting is the fact that we'll see new concepts on both sides of the ball. Possibly even new players emerging from the pack to become leaders. We might even see Rodgers become an even better QB than he has been. We could see a team that has a bright future ahead, in the not too distant future. We could also see things getting worse, and that's a strong possibility.

But, what we won't see is the same anemic game plans, predictability, and excuses for failure. We're going to see a coaching staff energized by what they perceive as their future with the team, and a bunch of young players who won't knuckle under to veterans, when it comes to fighting for playing time.

For fans? The record won't matter nearly as much as what we see in their development as a "team," with individual breakouts as stars.

To me, seeing what could be a bright future is a helluva lot better than watching the dismal day to day ho-hum system that you know can win, but will ultimately fail when the competition gets a little tougher.

Just don't pin your expectations on the win column. That's not where this year is going.

For fans? The record won't matter nearly as much as what we see in their development as a "team," with individual breakouts as stars.
Respectfully disagree on this point. Looking at fan reaction on social media many think that firing McCarthy was the silver bullet and how ML will “fix” Rodgers. If this team fails to make the playoffs and it’s possible blame will get placed. It’s the nature of the league and time we are in. It’s win now especially with a HOF guy behind center

Maybe or maybe not.... this system doesn't need an Aaron Rodgers to be successful though it helps. I think we need to get through training camp before we know enough to form any kind of opinion. tc(
100% agree, lot to play out to really get a handle on it. It comes down to what is success. With McCarthy it was Super Bowl or bust. If you don't have a trigger guy like a Goff making a deep SB run will be difficult unless your defense carries you

100% agree, lot to play out to really get a handle on it. It comes down to what is success. With McCarthy it was Super Bowl or bust. If you don't have a trigger guy like a Goff making a deep SB run will be difficult unless your defense carries you

Rodgers is better than Goff. Rodgers in 3 years will still be better than Goff.

Goff is a bad example though... he's not running the Rams offense just a few pieces of it. Will look more like the SF offense we saw last season.

Goff is a bad example though... he's not running the Rams offense just a few pieces of it. Will look more like the SF offense we saw last season.
Fair on Goff.....what I was trying to get at is that its very difficult to win in this league with out a QB. Have to go back to 2013 where both SF and Balt made it with average to above avg QB's. Before that arguably the Bears on SB 41. You can argue Eli was average but he made plays to win

Which is why when you have a franchise QB you hang on to him for dear life, right up until he demands a trade to the Vikings.

Back